Jan 25, 2014, 8:40 PM EDT
It’s been a difficult night for goalies across the National Hockey League on Saturday.
Toronto Maple Leafs goalie James Reimer, making his third consecutive start, was yanked from the net after allowing four goals on 19 shots against the Winnipeg Jets. Two of those goals came 37 seconds apart in the second period, as the Jets landed a three-goal lead at the time.
Jonathan Bernier came into the game for Toronto.
And in Montreal, Habs’ goalie Carey Price was pulled after giving up four goals on 26 shots. Not entirely his fault on this occasion. The reeling Canadiens were being outshot 26-3 by the Capitals at one point in the game, as Washington opened up a four-goal lead in a span of 10 minutes and 31 seconds in the second period of that game.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)