Jan 25, 2014, 8:40 PM EST
It’s been a difficult night for goalies across the National Hockey League on Saturday.
Toronto Maple Leafs goalie James Reimer, making his third consecutive start, was yanked from the net after allowing four goals on 19 shots against the Winnipeg Jets. Two of those goals came 37 seconds apart in the second period, as the Jets landed a three-goal lead at the time.
Jonathan Bernier came into the game for Toronto.
And in Montreal, Habs’ goalie Carey Price was pulled after giving up four goals on 26 shots. Not entirely his fault on this occasion. The reeling Canadiens were being outshot 26-3 by the Capitals at one point in the game, as Washington opened up a four-goal lead in a span of 10 minutes and 31 seconds in the second period of that game.
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 19
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 26
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 9
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 35
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)