Jan 25, 2014, 8:40 PM EST
It’s been a difficult night for goalies across the National Hockey League on Saturday.
Toronto Maple Leafs goalie James Reimer, making his third consecutive start, was yanked from the net after allowing four goals on 19 shots against the Winnipeg Jets. Two of those goals came 37 seconds apart in the second period, as the Jets landed a three-goal lead at the time.
Jonathan Bernier came into the game for Toronto.
And in Montreal, Habs’ goalie Carey Price was pulled after giving up four goals on 26 shots. Not entirely his fault on this occasion. The reeling Canadiens were being outshot 26-3 by the Capitals at one point in the game, as Washington opened up a four-goal lead in a span of 10 minutes and 31 seconds in the second period of that game.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 19
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)