Jan 25, 2014, 1:00 AM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens have been fading recently in the Atlantic Division standings, as they look to find their way out of a current three-game losing streak.
The Canadiens lost by a final score of 4-1 to the Detroit Red Wings on Friday, making it three consecutive losses and four in the last five games. Friday’s loss comes two days after the Canadiens were trounced in Pittsburgh. This time, no attempted goalie fights.
However, it wasn’t a spectacular night for goalie Carey Price, who gave up four goals on 26 shots. Price, named to Canada’s Olympic team earlier this month, has just one win in his last five starts, and has given up 20 goals in that span.
The Habs are still third in the division, but trail both the Boston Bruins and Tampa Bay Lightning by six points.
“Every team I’ve ever been on, regardless of the level, has experienced adversity. What makes a good team is how you get through it. Right now, we’re talking about the little details. Some nights we show improvement but then we have little breakdowns. But everyone in this room still has confidence.”
- Selanne offers harsh criticism of Boudreau’s handling of him 7
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 11
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 9
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 19
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 19
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 22
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 51
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 22
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (51)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)