Jan 25, 2014, 1:00 AM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens have been fading recently in the Atlantic Division standings, as they look to find their way out of a current three-game losing streak.
The Canadiens lost by a final score of 4-1 to the Detroit Red Wings on Friday, making it three consecutive losses and four in the last five games. Friday’s loss comes two days after the Canadiens were trounced in Pittsburgh. This time, no attempted goalie fights.
However, it wasn’t a spectacular night for goalie Carey Price, who gave up four goals on 26 shots. Price, named to Canada’s Olympic team earlier this month, has just one win in his last five starts, and has given up 20 goals in that span.
The Habs are still third in the division, but trail both the Boston Bruins and Tampa Bay Lightning by six points.
“Every team I’ve ever been on, regardless of the level, has experienced adversity. What makes a good team is how you get through it. Right now, we’re talking about the little details. Some nights we show improvement but then we have little breakdowns. But everyone in this room still has confidence.”
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)