Jan 25, 2014, 1:00 AM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens have been fading recently in the Atlantic Division standings, as they look to find their way out of a current three-game losing streak.
The Canadiens lost by a final score of 4-1 to the Detroit Red Wings on Friday, making it three consecutive losses and four in the last five games. Friday’s loss comes two days after the Canadiens were trounced in Pittsburgh. This time, no attempted goalie fights.
However, it wasn’t a spectacular night for goalie Carey Price, who gave up four goals on 26 shots. Price, named to Canada’s Olympic team earlier this month, has just one win in his last five starts, and has given up 20 goals in that span.
The Habs are still third in the division, but trail both the Boston Bruins and Tampa Bay Lightning by six points.
“Every team I’ve ever been on, regardless of the level, has experienced adversity. What makes a good team is how you get through it. Right now, we’re talking about the little details. Some nights we show improvement but then we have little breakdowns. But everyone in this room still has confidence.”
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 5
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 13
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 34
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 12
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 5
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 37
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 10
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)