Jan 25, 2014, 1:00 AM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens have been fading recently in the Atlantic Division standings, as they look to find their way out of a current three-game losing streak.
The Canadiens lost by a final score of 4-1 to the Detroit Red Wings on Friday, making it three consecutive losses and four in the last five games. Friday’s loss comes two days after the Canadiens were trounced in Pittsburgh. This time, no attempted goalie fights.
However, it wasn’t a spectacular night for goalie Carey Price, who gave up four goals on 26 shots. Price, named to Canada’s Olympic team earlier this month, has just one win in his last five starts, and has given up 20 goals in that span.
The Habs are still third in the division, but trail both the Boston Bruins and Tampa Bay Lightning by six points.
“Every team I’ve ever been on, regardless of the level, has experienced adversity. What makes a good team is how you get through it. Right now, we’re talking about the little details. Some nights we show improvement but then we have little breakdowns. But everyone in this room still has confidence.”
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 25
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 6
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 14
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (25)