Jan 25, 2014, 5:58 PM EDT
There was nothing positive for the Philadelphia Flyers to take from Saturday’s 6-1 loss to the Boston Bruins. It was the classic case of from bad to worse.
“It has to be the most embarrassing game I’ve been involved with,” said Flyers’ captain Claude Giroux, as per Frank Seravalli of the Philadelphia Daily News.
The Flyers, who had battled back into the thick of the Metropolitan Division standings after a bad start to the season, have only three wins in their last 10 games. According to CSN Philadelphia, Flyers’ head coach Craig Berube called his team “fragile” following this latest defeat.
Led by Jarome Iginla and his four-point night – two goals, two assists – the Bruins jumped out to a four-goal lead after 40 minutes and added two more on the power play in the third, nullifying any faint hopes of a Philadelphia comeback.
The Bruins were rested, with a four-day break. The Flyers were playing their third game in four days. One team was refreshed, the other not so much.
“Right from the first shift we were into it,” Iginla told NHL.com. “Every line was ready to go. You don’t get many breaks during the season, and when you get them you want to make the most, show coach you can handle it too.”
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (59)