Jan 25, 2014, 5:58 PM EDT
There was nothing positive for the Philadelphia Flyers to take from Saturday’s 6-1 loss to the Boston Bruins. It was the classic case of from bad to worse.
“It has to be the most embarrassing game I’ve been involved with,” said Flyers’ captain Claude Giroux, as per Frank Seravalli of the Philadelphia Daily News.
The Flyers, who had battled back into the thick of the Metropolitan Division standings after a bad start to the season, have only three wins in their last 10 games. According to CSN Philadelphia, Flyers’ head coach Craig Berube called his team “fragile” following this latest defeat.
Led by Jarome Iginla and his four-point night – two goals, two assists – the Bruins jumped out to a four-goal lead after 40 minutes and added two more on the power play in the third, nullifying any faint hopes of a Philadelphia comeback.
The Bruins were rested, with a four-day break. The Flyers were playing their third game in four days. One team was refreshed, the other not so much.
“Right from the first shift we were into it,” Iginla told NHL.com. “Every line was ready to go. You don’t get many breaks during the season, and when you get them you want to make the most, show coach you can handle it too.”
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 6
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 45
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits 102
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (102)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)