Jan 25, 2014, 8:24 PM EDT
With the Columbus Blue Jackets seeking their ninth straight win, goalie Sergei Bobrovsky had a rough outing and was pulled early in the second period after allowing three goals on 10 shots.
Bobrovsky entered the game with a 17-11-2 record. But he got off to a rough start in this one. Christian Ehrhoff gave Buffalo a 2-1 lead late in the first period on a long slap shot from blue line with Buffalo on the penalty kill. The blast, with no real traffic in front, beat Bobrovsky on the glove hand.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25