Jan 25, 2014, 8:24 PM EDT
With the Columbus Blue Jackets seeking their ninth straight win, goalie Sergei Bobrovsky had a rough outing and was pulled early in the second period after allowing three goals on 10 shots.
Bobrovsky entered the game with a 17-11-2 record. But he got off to a rough start in this one. Christian Ehrhoff gave Buffalo a 2-1 lead late in the first period on a long slap shot from blue line with Buffalo on the penalty kill. The blast, with no real traffic in front, beat Bobrovsky on the glove hand.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5