Jan 24, 2014, 11:17 PM EDT
Jaromir Jagr continues to pile up the points, and the personal accolades continue to pile up.
As per NHL.com, Jagr tied his former Pittsburgh Penguins teammate Mario Lemieux for 10th on the all-time in assists with 1,033 in the New Jersey Devils 2-1 victory over the slumping Washington Capitals on Friday.
And it was a beauty assist, too, as he set up Adam Henrique for the tap-in into a wide open net in the second period. Jagr once again demonstrated that ability to draw opposing players to him, before dishing off to Henrique, who scored his 14th of the season.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 16
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 11
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 41
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)