Jan 24, 2014, 11:17 PM EDT
Jaromir Jagr continues to pile up the points, and the personal accolades continue to pile up.
As per NHL.com, Jagr tied his former Pittsburgh Penguins teammate Mario Lemieux for 10th on the all-time in assists with 1,033 in the New Jersey Devils 2-1 victory over the slumping Washington Capitals on Friday.
And it was a beauty assist, too, as he set up Adam Henrique for the tap-in into a wide open net in the second period. Jagr once again demonstrated that ability to draw opposing players to him, before dishing off to Henrique, who scored his 14th of the season.
- Report: Lightning prospect Jonathan Drouin out with upper body injury 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 0
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 10
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 16
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 25
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)