Jan 24, 2014, 11:17 PM EDT
Jaromir Jagr continues to pile up the points, and the personal accolades continue to pile up.
As per NHL.com, Jagr tied his former Pittsburgh Penguins teammate Mario Lemieux for 10th on the all-time in assists with 1,033 in the New Jersey Devils 2-1 victory over the slumping Washington Capitals on Friday.
And it was a beauty assist, too, as he set up Adam Henrique for the tap-in into a wide open net in the second period. Jagr once again demonstrated that ability to draw opposing players to him, before dishing off to Henrique, who scored his 14th of the season.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5