Jan 24, 2014, 11:17 PM EDT
Jaromir Jagr continues to pile up the points, and the personal accolades continue to pile up.
As per NHL.com, Jagr tied his former Pittsburgh Penguins teammate Mario Lemieux for 10th on the all-time in assists with 1,033 in the New Jersey Devils 2-1 victory over the slumping Washington Capitals on Friday.
And it was a beauty assist, too, as he set up Adam Henrique for the tap-in into a wide open net in the second period. Jagr once again demonstrated that ability to draw opposing players to him, before dishing off to Henrique, who scored his 14th of the season.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 1
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 17
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 16
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)