Jan 24, 2014, 10:47 PM EST
Ramo was pulled just six minutes into the second period after giving up three goals on just 12 shots against the visiting Nashville Predators. The low moment came on a dump-in during the second period, when the puck bounced off Ramo right to Eric Nystrom, who buried his second of the night to that point.
In Edmonton, the Oilers fell behind the Phoenix Coyotes by four goals, after Bryzgalov made only 12 saves on 16 shots faced. The Oilers weren’t necessarily outplayed in the opening period, but Phoenix got three goals in four minutes and two seconds to take complete control.
It didn’t get any better for Bryzgalov, who was kept in the game to begin the second. Mike Ribeiro scored on a deflection three minutes into the middle period to give Phoenix the four-goal cushion.
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 18
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 0
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 36
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 5
- Devils fire DeBoer 21
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)