Jan 24, 2014, 10:47 PM EDT
Ramo was pulled just six minutes into the second period after giving up three goals on just 12 shots against the visiting Nashville Predators. The low moment came on a dump-in during the second period, when the puck bounced off Ramo right to Eric Nystrom, who buried his second of the night to that point.
In Edmonton, the Oilers fell behind the Phoenix Coyotes by four goals, after Bryzgalov made only 12 saves on 16 shots faced. The Oilers weren’t necessarily outplayed in the opening period, but Phoenix got three goals in four minutes and two seconds to take complete control.
It didn’t get any better for Bryzgalov, who was kept in the game to begin the second. Mike Ribeiro scored on a deflection three minutes into the middle period to give Phoenix the four-goal cushion.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 20
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17