Jan 24, 2014, 10:47 PM EST
Ramo was pulled just six minutes into the second period after giving up three goals on just 12 shots against the visiting Nashville Predators. The low moment came on a dump-in during the second period, when the puck bounced off Ramo right to Eric Nystrom, who buried his second of the night to that point.
In Edmonton, the Oilers fell behind the Phoenix Coyotes by four goals, after Bryzgalov made only 12 saves on 16 shots faced. The Oilers weren’t necessarily outplayed in the opening period, but Phoenix got three goals in four minutes and two seconds to take complete control.
It didn’t get any better for Bryzgalov, who was kept in the game to begin the second. Mike Ribeiro scored on a deflection three minutes into the middle period to give Phoenix the four-goal cushion.
- Stomach flu makes Lightning’s Johnson a surprise scratch 0
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 5
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 8
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 11
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 6
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 33
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2