Jan 24, 2014, 12:01 PM EDT
Florida will be without talented rookie and leading scorer Aleksander Barkov tonight when it hosts the Avalanche in Sunrise.
Barkov, who tops all Panthers with 24 points this year, will miss his first game of the season after suffering a lower-body injury against Buffalo on Tuesday.
In his place, veteran Scott Gomez will draw into the lineup for the first time in 11 games — Gomez hasn’t played in 2014, with his last game coming on Dec. 28 against Detroit.
Florida has played well of late, and is on a modest two-game winning streak heading into tonight’s action. It’ll be interesting to see how the club fares without Barkov, as he shoulders a pretty large load for an 18-year-old — in addition to leading the team in points, the Finnish phenom is second on the team in faceoffs, first in takeaways and plays over 17 minutes a night.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 0
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 0
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (46)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)