Jan 24, 2014, 12:01 PM EDT
Florida will be without talented rookie and leading scorer Aleksander Barkov tonight when it hosts the Avalanche in Sunrise.
Barkov, who tops all Panthers with 24 points this year, will miss his first game of the season after suffering a lower-body injury against Buffalo on Tuesday.
In his place, veteran Scott Gomez will draw into the lineup for the first time in 11 games — Gomez hasn’t played in 2014, with his last game coming on Dec. 28 against Detroit.
Florida has played well of late, and is on a modest two-game winning streak heading into tonight’s action. It’ll be interesting to see how the club fares without Barkov, as he shoulders a pretty large load for an 18-year-old — in addition to leading the team in points, the Finnish phenom is second on the team in faceoffs, first in takeaways and plays over 17 minutes a night.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 11
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 30
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)