Jan 24, 2014, 2:51 PM EDT
News and notes from around the blue paint…
Price looks to rebound
Montreal will go with Carey Price tonight, just two nights after he was hooked from a 5-1 loss to Pittsburgh. Price is in the midst of a rough stretch — prior to the Pittsburgh game, he gave up four goals in back-to-back game against the Leafs and Sens.
Varlamov does too
Much like Price, Semyon Varlamov will head into Friday’s action looking to make amends for a poor outing.
Varlamov was hooked after allowing three goals on 10 shots in Tuesday’s 5-2 loss to Toronto, snapping his four-game unbeaten streak in the process. The Russian Olympic ‘tender will look to tame the Panthers tonight in Florida, a team that scored four times on him in a 4-1 win back in November.
Varlamov will go up against Tim Thomas in the Florida goal.
Coyotes at Oilers: Ilya Bryzgalov for Edmonton, no word on a Phoenix starter yet.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 0
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 8
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 4
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)