Jan 24, 2014, 2:51 PM EDT
News and notes from around the blue paint…
Price looks to rebound
Montreal will go with Carey Price tonight, just two nights after he was hooked from a 5-1 loss to Pittsburgh. Price is in the midst of a rough stretch — prior to the Pittsburgh game, he gave up four goals in back-to-back game against the Leafs and Sens.
Varlamov does too
Much like Price, Semyon Varlamov will head into Friday’s action looking to make amends for a poor outing.
Varlamov was hooked after allowing three goals on 10 shots in Tuesday’s 5-2 loss to Toronto, snapping his four-game unbeaten streak in the process. The Russian Olympic ‘tender will look to tame the Panthers tonight in Florida, a team that scored four times on him in a 4-1 win back in November.
Varlamov will go up against Tim Thomas in the Florida goal.
Coyotes at Oilers: Ilya Bryzgalov for Edmonton, no word on a Phoenix starter yet.
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 1
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 15
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 8
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 16
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 71
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 66
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (71)