Jan 24, 2014, 2:51 PM EST
News and notes from around the blue paint…
Price looks to rebound
Montreal will go with Carey Price tonight, just two nights after he was hooked from a 5-1 loss to Pittsburgh. Price is in the midst of a rough stretch — prior to the Pittsburgh game, he gave up four goals in back-to-back game against the Leafs and Sens.
Varlamov does too
Much like Price, Semyon Varlamov will head into Friday’s action looking to make amends for a poor outing.
Varlamov was hooked after allowing three goals on 10 shots in Tuesday’s 5-2 loss to Toronto, snapping his four-game unbeaten streak in the process. The Russian Olympic ‘tender will look to tame the Panthers tonight in Florida, a team that scored four times on him in a 4-1 win back in November.
Varlamov will go up against Tim Thomas in the Florida goal.
Coyotes at Oilers: Ilya Bryzgalov for Edmonton, no word on a Phoenix starter yet.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 3
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 6
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 9
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 25
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)