Jan 24, 2014, 2:51 PM EST
News and notes from around the blue paint…
Price looks to rebound
Montreal will go with Carey Price tonight, just two nights after he was hooked from a 5-1 loss to Pittsburgh. Price is in the midst of a rough stretch — prior to the Pittsburgh game, he gave up four goals in back-to-back game against the Leafs and Sens.
Varlamov does too
Much like Price, Semyon Varlamov will head into Friday’s action looking to make amends for a poor outing.
Varlamov was hooked after allowing three goals on 10 shots in Tuesday’s 5-2 loss to Toronto, snapping his four-game unbeaten streak in the process. The Russian Olympic ‘tender will look to tame the Panthers tonight in Florida, a team that scored four times on him in a 4-1 win back in November.
Varlamov will go up against Tim Thomas in the Florida goal.
Coyotes at Oilers: Ilya Bryzgalov for Edmonton, no word on a Phoenix starter yet.
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 0
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 12
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 7
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 34
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)