Jan 24, 2014, 1:35 AM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks managed to grind out a 2-1 win against the Los Angeles Kings in a game physical enough that you might call it black and … Dodger Blue.
No doubt, Bruce Boudreau was impressed with his team’s play and the highly contested matchup.
“I know every time we play this team, it’s a man’s game,” Boudreau said. “You better be prepared to hit, and be hit, because they’re so good.”
The Ducks coach notes that his team registered 48 hits, which he claims is a franchise record.
“That was a playoff hockey game,” Mark Fistric said.
This served as a preview for Saturday’s 2014 Stadium Series game between the two teams at Dodger Stadium. Let’s hope the two teams aren’t too bloated from this appetizer two nights from now, then.
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally with at MGS 2
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 16
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 22
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 22
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 135
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51