Jan 24, 2014, 1:35 AM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks managed to grind out a 2-1 win against the Los Angeles Kings in a game physical enough that you might call it black and … Dodger Blue.
No doubt, Bruce Boudreau was impressed with his team’s play and the highly contested matchup.
“I know every time we play this team, it’s a man’s game,” Boudreau said. “You better be prepared to hit, and be hit, because they’re so good.”
The Ducks coach notes that his team registered 48 hits, which he claims is a franchise record.
“That was a playoff hockey game,” Mark Fistric said.
This served as a preview for Saturday’s 2014 Stadium Series game between the two teams at Dodger Stadium. Let’s hope the two teams aren’t too bloated from this appetizer two nights from now, then.
- BREAKING: Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 5
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 19
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 9
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 2
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 43
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 26
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 49
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)