Boudreau happy Ducks won ‘man’s game’ vs. Kings

Jan 24, 2014, 1:35 AM EDT

manwichgetty Getty Images

The Anaheim Ducks managed to grind out a 2-1 win against the Los Angeles Kings in a game physical enough that you might call it black and … Dodger Blue.

No doubt, Bruce Boudreau was impressed with his team’s play and the highly contested matchup.

“I know every time we play this team, it’s a man’s game,” Boudreau said. “You better be prepared to hit, and be hit, because they’re so good.”

The Ducks coach notes that his team registered 48 hits, which he claims is a franchise record.

“That was a playoff hockey game,” Mark Fistric said.

This served as a preview for Saturday’s 2014 Stadium Series game between the two teams at Dodger Stadium. Let’s hope the two teams aren’t too bloated from this appetizer two nights from now, then.

1. kingsfan93 - Jan 24, 2014 at 2:24 AM

Ducks actually considered this a playoff game is funny to hear.

• flash8910 - Jan 24, 2014 at 10:49 AM

93, huh…bandwagon much. Became a Kings fan after they went to the Stanley Cup finals. Typical Kings fan.

Have you actually been to a Kings game? Or a Kings-Ducks game? If you have, then you would know that the intensity level is a bit higher than normal like a “playoff game”. Maybe Brian Burke confused Bobby Ryan with you because you obviously don’t know the meaning of intensity.

Stay classy Kings fans.

• kingsfan93 - Jan 24, 2014 at 1:56 PM

Flash8910 – Here is a news flash for you, assuming someone, like me, a bandwagon fan makes me laugh. That the number 93 is the number I had when I played. That I been to a tone a Kings games too.

So I will stay stay classy, Flash8910.

Keep up the good work, flash8910. That It makes you sound ignorant when you talk about somebody you don’t know.

• flash8910 - Jan 24, 2014 at 4:23 PM

Wow, that’s even worse. In my playing days, only selfish, arrogant players wore high numbers in the 90’s. Well, at least you didn’t got with 99 or 88.

• kingsfan93 - Jan 24, 2014 at 7:52 PM

Flash8910 – A NUMBER is a NUMBER. Don’t have to believe in such myths that people can sit around and make-up about. The greatest player in hockey wore a 90’s number and some other players in NHL have too. It doesn’t mean they are arrogant or selfish.

I wore 93 because of my cousin that was born in 93. So that leaves me out not wearing 99 or 88, as if I were to anyways.

• theheez - Jan 24, 2014 at 5:17 PM

Well I think the Ducks realize that to get to the Cup, they have to go through the Kings at some point. Also, Fistric was commenting on the physical nature of the game. Lots of intensity and lots of playing the body, i.e. like a playoff game. Lastly, isn’t any game against your biggest rival like a playoff game?

2. areaman714 - Jan 24, 2014 at 4:09 AM

Not as funny as watching the Queens insanely anemic offense. The game was over when Maroon muscled in the Ducks’ second goal. Should have been the third goal.

• patthehockeyfan - Jan 24, 2014 at 7:39 AM

Nothing worse than a sore winner.

• wtfkwp - Jan 24, 2014 at 9:32 AM

I like your commenting style. Reminds me of 3rd grade.

• areaman714 - Jan 24, 2014 at 10:43 AM

A brilliant third grader . . .

3. blomfeld - Jan 24, 2014 at 11:13 PM

SPICE GIRLS NOT WELCOME !

As an ardent, loyal and ‘values-driven’ fan of the SC Champion LA Kings, I tip my hat to Bruce Boudreau for these ‘quality’ remarks … and let the record show that such hat is being tipped with ‘unabashed’ gusto ! :)

“I know every time we play this team, it’s a ‘man’s’ game,” Boudreau said. “You better be prepared to hit and be hit, because they’re so good” …

Yes friends, that’s spoken like one who truly ‘knows the deal’ which Boudreau obviously does eh ? I actually never liked this guy when he was in Washington, however that’s now completely changed since he came out west. We LA Kings, along with our Californian brother Ducks & Sharks, constitute what is today’s epicenter of ‘supreme’ NHL power ! … no two ways about it. And so when we lose to a ‘quality’ team like the Ducks there’s no tears to be shed trust me, as such loss could almost be considered a sort of honor. On the other hand, losing to some ‘effeminate’ east coast based team like the Flyers, Penguins or Rangers is a totally different matter … but of course that rarely happens eh ? The bottom line is that Lord Stanley’s mug will be returning to California this year (ie: probably LA County) where it’s destined to remain for many years to come … and you gotta love that man ! :)

GO DUCKS !

GO SHARKS !

GO KINGS GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

*** executive summary: all ‘east coast’ based teams are like ‘girl’ pop groups ***

• patthehockeyfan - Jan 25, 2014 at 6:59 AM

Well, so much for our brief vacation from blomfeld’s videos. We enjoyed it while it lasted.

Careful, blom. East coast teams (Flyers, Penguins, Rangers) play hard, and can’t be considered effeminate. Your comment about them was an unnecessary and unwarranted slap. You’re starting to sound like some of these Ducks’ fans commenting here – great team, bitter and sucky fans.

Top 10 NHL Player Searches