Jan 24, 2014, 1:44 PM EST
Alex Tanguay is back, and he’s back in style.
The veteran Colorado forward — out since November with hip and knee injuries — will return to the lineup tonight for the first time in 36 games when the Avs take on the Panthers in Florida.
Avs head coach Patrick Roy is excited to get the 34-year-old veteran back in the lineup.
“We were playing so well when Alex got hurt,” Roy said. “It’s nice to have him back.”
The Avs were 12-1-0 at the time of the injury and Tanguary was a key contributor, scoring three goals and nine points in those 12 games.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12