Jan 24, 2014, 1:44 PM EDT
Alex Tanguay is back, and he’s back in style.
The veteran Colorado forward — out since November with hip and knee injuries — will return to the lineup tonight for the first time in 36 games when the Avs take on the Panthers in Florida.
Avs head coach Patrick Roy is excited to get the 34-year-old veteran back in the lineup.
“We were playing so well when Alex got hurt,” Roy said. “It’s nice to have him back.”
The Avs were 12-1-0 at the time of the injury and Tanguary was a key contributor, scoring three goals and nine points in those 12 games.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)