Jan 24, 2014, 1:44 PM EDT
Alex Tanguay is back, and he’s back in style.
The veteran Colorado forward — out since November with hip and knee injuries — will return to the lineup tonight for the first time in 36 games when the Avs take on the Panthers in Florida.
Avs head coach Patrick Roy is excited to get the 34-year-old veteran back in the lineup.
“We were playing so well when Alex got hurt,” Roy said. “It’s nice to have him back.”
The Avs were 12-1-0 at the time of the injury and Tanguary was a key contributor, scoring three goals and nine points in those 12 games.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 6
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)