Jan 24, 2014, 1:44 PM EST
Alex Tanguay is back, and he’s back in style.
The veteran Colorado forward — out since November with hip and knee injuries — will return to the lineup tonight for the first time in 36 games when the Avs take on the Panthers in Florida.
Avs head coach Patrick Roy is excited to get the 34-year-old veteran back in the lineup.
“We were playing so well when Alex got hurt,” Roy said. “It’s nice to have him back.”
The Avs were 12-1-0 at the time of the injury and Tanguary was a key contributor, scoring three goals and nine points in those 12 games.
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 5
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 4
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 21
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)