Jan 24, 2014, 1:44 PM EDT
Alex Tanguay is back, and he’s back in style.
The veteran Colorado forward — out since November with hip and knee injuries — will return to the lineup tonight for the first time in 36 games when the Avs take on the Panthers in Florida.
Avs head coach Patrick Roy is excited to get the 34-year-old veteran back in the lineup.
“We were playing so well when Alex got hurt,” Roy said. “It’s nice to have him back.”
The Avs were 12-1-0 at the time of the injury and Tanguary was a key contributor, scoring three goals and nine points in those 12 games.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)