Jan 23, 2014, 12:20 PM EDT
The Minnesota Wild will get a huge boost tonight as alternate captain Zach Parise will play for the first time in 14 games.
Parise, out since Dec. 22 with a foot injury, said he’s feeling good and wants to “give it a shot” tonight as the Wild host the defending Cup champion Blackhawks.
The 29-year-old has fared well against Chicago this year — scoring twice in three games — and was having a productive season prior to getting hurt, with 15 goals and 27 points in 37 games.
Parise also modeled the Team USA Olympic outfit today, which we present here without comment:
Parise’s return couldn’t come at a better time. The Wild are coming off one of their worst losses of the season — a 4-0 defeat in Dallas in which they were out-shot 36-18 — and have been brutal on the power play of late, scoring just once in their last 20 opportunities.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38