Jan 23, 2014, 12:20 PM EDT
The Minnesota Wild will get a huge boost tonight as alternate captain Zach Parise will play for the first time in 14 games.
Parise, out since Dec. 22 with a foot injury, said he’s feeling good and wants to “give it a shot” tonight as the Wild host the defending Cup champion Blackhawks.
The 29-year-old has fared well against Chicago this year — scoring twice in three games — and was having a productive season prior to getting hurt, with 15 goals and 27 points in 37 games.
Parise also modeled the Team USA Olympic outfit today, which we present here without comment:
Parise’s return couldn’t come at a better time. The Wild are coming off one of their worst losses of the season — a 4-0 defeat in Dallas in which they were out-shot 36-18 — and have been brutal on the power play of late, scoring just once in their last 20 opportunities.
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes errant knee to head 0
- WATCH LIVE: Tampa Bay Lightning at Montreal Canadiens (Game 3) 1
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 30
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 53
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 82
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 23
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (82)