Jan 23, 2014, 12:20 PM EDT
The Minnesota Wild will get a huge boost tonight as alternate captain Zach Parise will play for the first time in 14 games.
Parise, out since Dec. 22 with a foot injury, said he’s feeling good and wants to “give it a shot” tonight as the Wild host the defending Cup champion Blackhawks.
The 29-year-old has fared well against Chicago this year — scoring twice in three games — and was having a productive season prior to getting hurt, with 15 goals and 27 points in 37 games.
Parise also modeled the Team USA Olympic outfit today, which we present here without comment:
Parise’s return couldn’t come at a better time. The Wild are coming off one of their worst losses of the season — a 4-0 defeat in Dallas in which they were out-shot 36-18 — and have been brutal on the power play of late, scoring just once in their last 20 opportunities.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 5
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 35
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 11
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 23
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)