Jan 23, 2014, 12:20 PM EDT
The Minnesota Wild will get a huge boost tonight as alternate captain Zach Parise will play for the first time in 14 games.
Parise, out since Dec. 22 with a foot injury, said he’s feeling good and wants to “give it a shot” tonight as the Wild host the defending Cup champion Blackhawks.
The 29-year-old has fared well against Chicago this year — scoring twice in three games — and was having a productive season prior to getting hurt, with 15 goals and 27 points in 37 games.
Parise also modeled the Team USA Olympic outfit today, which we present here without comment:
Parise’s return couldn’t come at a better time. The Wild are coming off one of their worst losses of the season — a 4-0 defeat in Dallas in which they were out-shot 36-18 — and have been brutal on the power play of late, scoring just once in their last 20 opportunities.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 6
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)