Jan 23, 2014, 11:52 AM EST
Turns out John Tortorella’s next two weeks can include some contact with the Vancouver Canucks organization.
“General theme is no contact at all with the players during the 15 days, and no contact with club personnel in and around actual games,” NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly wrote in an email to the Globe.
Daly added that the suspension was “not intended to put him in a bubble and float him into the Pacific for two weeks.”
Though that sure is a fun thing to imagine.
Here’s Canucks general manager Mike Gillis explaining further:
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 10
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 13
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 25
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 23
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 6
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)