Jan 23, 2014, 11:52 AM EDT
Turns out John Tortorella’s next two weeks can include some contact with the Vancouver Canucks organization.
“General theme is no contact at all with the players during the 15 days, and no contact with club personnel in and around actual games,” NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly wrote in an email to the Globe.
Daly added that the suspension was “not intended to put him in a bubble and float him into the Pacific for two weeks.”
Though that sure is a fun thing to imagine.
Here’s Canucks general manager Mike Gillis explaining further:
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 20
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 42
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 18
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 60
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 31
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 44
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)