Jan 23, 2014, 11:52 AM EDT
Turns out John Tortorella’s next two weeks can include some contact with the Vancouver Canucks organization.
“General theme is no contact at all with the players during the 15 days, and no contact with club personnel in and around actual games,” NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly wrote in an email to the Globe.
Daly added that the suspension was “not intended to put him in a bubble and float him into the Pacific for two weeks.”
Though that sure is a fun thing to imagine.
Here’s Canucks general manager Mike Gillis explaining further:
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 21
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 16
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 27
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 61
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (65)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)