Jan 23, 2014, 11:52 AM EDT
Turns out John Tortorella’s next two weeks can include some contact with the Vancouver Canucks organization.
“General theme is no contact at all with the players during the 15 days, and no contact with club personnel in and around actual games,” NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly wrote in an email to the Globe.
Daly added that the suspension was “not intended to put him in a bubble and float him into the Pacific for two weeks.”
Though that sure is a fun thing to imagine.
Here’s Canucks general manager Mike Gillis explaining further:
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5