Jan 23, 2014, 9:11 PM EDT
Update: Blues head coach Ken Hitchcock said that Alexander Steen is day-to-day. That’s a vague reading, but at least it wasn’t a grim one. St. Louis beat the New York Rangers 2-1.
When Steen was neck-and-neck with the likes of Alex Ovechkin for the goal-scoring lead, many wondered if he could stay hot. Maybe they should have asked if he could stay healthy, instead.
The 29-year-old suffered a lower-body injury against the New York Rangers and won’t return Thursday. It’s believed he suffered it from a hit by Dan Girardi.
Fittingly, Steen also scored his 26th goal of the season tonight:
The recently re-signed sniper hadn’t missed a beat after his return from a concussion that sidelined him for 11 games. He has two goals and two assist for four points in his four games back since returning on Jan. 18, but now the Blues must be concerned that he’ll miss even more time.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (50)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)