Jan 23, 2014, 9:11 PM EDT
Update: Blues head coach Ken Hitchcock said that Alexander Steen is day-to-day. That’s a vague reading, but at least it wasn’t a grim one. St. Louis beat the New York Rangers 2-1.
When Steen was neck-and-neck with the likes of Alex Ovechkin for the goal-scoring lead, many wondered if he could stay hot. Maybe they should have asked if he could stay healthy, instead.
The 29-year-old suffered a lower-body injury against the New York Rangers and won’t return Thursday. It’s believed he suffered it from a hit by Dan Girardi.
Fittingly, Steen also scored his 26th goal of the season tonight:
The recently re-signed sniper hadn’t missed a beat after his return from a concussion that sidelined him for 11 games. He has two goals and two assist for four points in his four games back since returning on Jan. 18, but now the Blues must be concerned that he’ll miss even more time.
- Video: Red Wings’ fans show support for Gordie Howe 0
- Burrows suspended three games for ‘late hit to the head’ on Emelin 11
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 7
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 12
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 13
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 38
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 37
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)