Jan 23, 2014, 3:17 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars snapped a three-game losing streak on Tuesday, and they did it in style with a 4-0 win over Minnesota.
“Last game was probably as complete a game as we’ve played, where we’ve defended well, and offensively our transition attack was good, and then we finished some good opportunities,” said Stars coach Lindy Ruff, per the Dallas Morning News. “I think from a system standpoint, the quality of the chances (against) has gone down, the numbers of shots (against) has been lower, and we haven’t made some of the big individual mistakes. Last game, was all-around a good effort.”
The Stars dominated Minnesota right off the bat; they led 2-0 after the first period, with a 12-3 edge in shots.
Tonight, the streaking Maple Leafs pay a visit to American Airlines Center. Though Toronto has won six in a row, it presents another opportunity to win the puck-possession battle against an opponent that’s been outshot in all but 10 of its 52 games this season.
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 3
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 17
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 76
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 35
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 60
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 61
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7