Jan 23, 2014, 3:17 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars snapped a three-game losing streak on Tuesday, and they did it in style with a 4-0 win over Minnesota.
“Last game was probably as complete a game as we’ve played, where we’ve defended well, and offensively our transition attack was good, and then we finished some good opportunities,” said Stars coach Lindy Ruff, per the Dallas Morning News. “I think from a system standpoint, the quality of the chances (against) has gone down, the numbers of shots (against) has been lower, and we haven’t made some of the big individual mistakes. Last game, was all-around a good effort.”
The Stars dominated Minnesota right off the bat; they led 2-0 after the first period, with a 12-3 edge in shots.
Tonight, the streaking Maple Leafs pay a visit to American Airlines Center. Though Toronto has won six in a row, it presents another opportunity to win the puck-possession battle against an opponent that’s been outshot in all but 10 of its 52 games this season.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 74
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 32
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (94)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)