Jan 23, 2014, 3:17 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars snapped a three-game losing streak on Tuesday, and they did it in style with a 4-0 win over Minnesota.
“Last game was probably as complete a game as we’ve played, where we’ve defended well, and offensively our transition attack was good, and then we finished some good opportunities,” said Stars coach Lindy Ruff, per the Dallas Morning News. “I think from a system standpoint, the quality of the chances (against) has gone down, the numbers of shots (against) has been lower, and we haven’t made some of the big individual mistakes. Last game, was all-around a good effort.”
The Stars dominated Minnesota right off the bat; they led 2-0 after the first period, with a 12-3 edge in shots.
Tonight, the streaking Maple Leafs pay a visit to American Airlines Center. Though Toronto has won six in a row, it presents another opportunity to win the puck-possession battle against an opponent that’s been outshot in all but 10 of its 52 games this season.
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 0
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 4
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 19
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 33
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 4
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 34
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)