Jan 23, 2014, 1:52 PM EDT
From NBC Washington’s Adam Vinigan:
Considering that goal came just past the halfway mark of Tuesday’s 2-0 loss to the Senators, Alzner’s assessment says a lot about his team’s collective mindset these days.
Winless in their last six, and with their odds of making the playoffs having fallen off a cliff, the Capitals could also be without Alex Ovechkin (lower body) again Friday when they kick off a five-game road string in New Jersey.
“Tough to say right now,” coach Adam Oates said when asked about his captain’s status, per CSN Washington. “We’ll have to see how he feels in the morning. If he can skate [Friday morning] we’d consider putting him in.”
The Devils are just one of the teams that have passed the Caps in the standings. Games against red-hot Columbus (Jan. 30) and Detroit (Jan. 31) also loom large on Washington’s upcoming trip.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 13
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 9
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 7
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 14
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 53
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 62
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1