Jan 23, 2014, 11:33 PM EDT
The Toronto Maple Leafs didn’t sugarcoat Thursday’s 7-1 drubbing against Dallas, calling it “an embarrassment” and “just a terrible game.” In fact, more than a few Leafs seem to back up the old “just burn the tape” sentiment.
Head coach Randy Carlyle said that it’s going to “make us do some thinking,” but he also agreed that they can’t let that shellacking linger.
“We were terrible,” Bozak said. “They outplayed us in every facet of the game.”
However they look at this loss, the Maple Leafs need to pick up the pieces, as they’ll face the red-hot Winnipeg Jets on Saturday.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 1
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry 7
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)