Jan 23, 2014, 11:33 PM EST
The Toronto Maple Leafs didn’t sugarcoat Thursday’s 7-1 drubbing against Dallas, calling it “an embarrassment” and “just a terrible game.” In fact, more than a few Leafs seem to back up the old “just burn the tape” sentiment.
Head coach Randy Carlyle said that it’s going to “make us do some thinking,” but he also agreed that they can’t let that shellacking linger.
“We were terrible,” Bozak said. “They outplayed us in every facet of the game.”
However they look at this loss, the Maple Leafs need to pick up the pieces, as they’ll face the red-hot Winnipeg Jets on Saturday.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 2
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 16
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 81
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)