Jan 23, 2014, 11:33 PM EDT
The Toronto Maple Leafs didn’t sugarcoat Thursday’s 7-1 drubbing against Dallas, calling it “an embarrassment” and “just a terrible game.” In fact, more than a few Leafs seem to back up the old “just burn the tape” sentiment.
Head coach Randy Carlyle said that it’s going to “make us do some thinking,” but he also agreed that they can’t let that shellacking linger.
“We were terrible,” Bozak said. “They outplayed us in every facet of the game.”
However they look at this loss, the Maple Leafs need to pick up the pieces, as they’ll face the red-hot Winnipeg Jets on Saturday.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)