Jan 23, 2014, 3:07 PM EDT
News and notes from around the blue paint…
Chicago goes with Raanta
Antti Raanta will look to build on his wildly successful rookie campaign when the ‘Hawks take on the Wild in Minnesota tonight. Raanta hasn’t played much lately, but did stop 18 of 20 shots in a win over Edmonton on Jan. 12. On the year, he’s 12-1-3 with a 2.25 GAA and .911 save percentage.
Minnesota has yet to name a starter for tonight, but it’s likely going to be Darcy Kuemper.
Zatkoff relieves Fleury
Zatkoff struggled in his last outing — allowing four goals on 31 shots in a loss to the Oilers on Jan. 10 — but has been decent when called upon this season, boasting a 7-2-1 record with a 2.67 GAA and .906 save percentage.
He’ll be going up against Kevin Poulin in the Isles goal tonight.
Hurricanes at Sabres: Jhonas Enroth in for Buffalo; no starter yet from Carolina.
Predators at Canucks: No confirmations from either team yet.
Kings at Ducks: Frederik Andersen for Anaheim; Jonathan Quick likely for L.A.
Jets at Sharks: Alex Stalock for San Jose; no word yet on a Winnipeg starter.
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 3
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ 45
- Report: Islanders were sold for $485 million 8
- Scrivens believes Oilers are ‘starting to build winning habits’ 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)