Jan 23, 2014, 3:07 PM EDT
News and notes from around the blue paint…
Chicago goes with Raanta
Antti Raanta will look to build on his wildly successful rookie campaign when the ‘Hawks take on the Wild in Minnesota tonight. Raanta hasn’t played much lately, but did stop 18 of 20 shots in a win over Edmonton on Jan. 12. On the year, he’s 12-1-3 with a 2.25 GAA and .911 save percentage.
Minnesota has yet to name a starter for tonight, but it’s likely going to be Darcy Kuemper.
Zatkoff relieves Fleury
Zatkoff struggled in his last outing — allowing four goals on 31 shots in a loss to the Oilers on Jan. 10 — but has been decent when called upon this season, boasting a 7-2-1 record with a 2.67 GAA and .906 save percentage.
He’ll be going up against Kevin Poulin in the Isles goal tonight.
Hurricanes at Sabres: Jhonas Enroth in for Buffalo; no starter yet from Carolina.
Predators at Canucks: No confirmations from either team yet.
Kings at Ducks: Frederik Andersen for Anaheim; Jonathan Quick likely for L.A.
Jets at Sharks: Alex Stalock for San Jose; no word yet on a Winnipeg starter.
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 4
- NHL postpones Blue Jackets-Stars game following Peverley’s collapse 10
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 11
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 6
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 20
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 27
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)