Jan 23, 2014, 3:07 PM EDT
News and notes from around the blue paint…
Chicago goes with Raanta
Antti Raanta will look to build on his wildly successful rookie campaign when the ‘Hawks take on the Wild in Minnesota tonight. Raanta hasn’t played much lately, but did stop 18 of 20 shots in a win over Edmonton on Jan. 12. On the year, he’s 12-1-3 with a 2.25 GAA and .911 save percentage.
Minnesota has yet to name a starter for tonight, but it’s likely going to be Darcy Kuemper.
Zatkoff relieves Fleury
Zatkoff struggled in his last outing — allowing four goals on 31 shots in a loss to the Oilers on Jan. 10 — but has been decent when called upon this season, boasting a 7-2-1 record with a 2.67 GAA and .906 save percentage.
He’ll be going up against Kevin Poulin in the Isles goal tonight.
Hurricanes at Sabres: Jhonas Enroth in for Buffalo; no starter yet from Carolina.
Predators at Canucks: No confirmations from either team yet.
Kings at Ducks: Frederik Andersen for Anaheim; Jonathan Quick likely for L.A.
Jets at Sharks: Alex Stalock for San Jose; no word yet on a Winnipeg starter.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 1
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 26
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)