Jan 23, 2014, 8:44 PM EDT
Contrary to reports by sources including TSN 1200 and NHL.com, the Anaheim Ducks actually didn’t make Jakob Silfverberg a healthy scratch against the Los Angeles Kings on Thursday. Instead, the scratches include Tyler Toffoli, Jeff Schultz and Matt Greene.
It’s unclear if Bruce Boudreau made a last-minute decision to dress Silfverberg or if he planned on playing the 23-year-old all along.
Silfverberg’s been playing well lately, making Bobby Ryan trade jokes less warranted; seven of his 15 points from 2013-14 have come in the last 10 games. Oddly enough, Ryan hasn’t been as productive in his last 10 games, only nabbing four points in that span.
Overall, Silfverberg has generated his 15 points in 27 games played. The Ducks likely expect continued growth from the 2009 second-round pick (39th overall).
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5