Jan 23, 2014, 8:44 PM EST
Contrary to reports by sources including TSN 1200 and NHL.com, the Anaheim Ducks actually didn’t make Jakob Silfverberg a healthy scratch against the Los Angeles Kings on Thursday. Instead, the scratches include Tyler Toffoli, Jeff Schultz and Matt Greene.
It’s unclear if Bruce Boudreau made a last-minute decision to dress Silfverberg or if he planned on playing the 23-year-old all along.
Silfverberg’s been playing well lately, making Bobby Ryan trade jokes less warranted; seven of his 15 points from 2013-14 have come in the last 10 games. Oddly enough, Ryan hasn’t been as productive in his last 10 games, only nabbing four points in that span.
Overall, Silfverberg has generated his 15 points in 27 games played. The Ducks likely expect continued growth from the 2009 second-round pick (39th overall).
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4