Jan 23, 2014, 8:44 PM EDT
Contrary to reports by sources including TSN 1200 and NHL.com, the Anaheim Ducks actually didn’t make Jakob Silfverberg a healthy scratch against the Los Angeles Kings on Thursday. Instead, the scratches include Tyler Toffoli, Jeff Schultz and Matt Greene.
It’s unclear if Bruce Boudreau made a last-minute decision to dress Silfverberg or if he planned on playing the 23-year-old all along.
Silfverberg’s been playing well lately, making Bobby Ryan trade jokes less warranted; seven of his 15 points from 2013-14 have come in the last 10 games. Oddly enough, Ryan hasn’t been as productive in his last 10 games, only nabbing four points in that span.
Overall, Silfverberg has generated his 15 points in 27 games played. The Ducks likely expect continued growth from the 2009 second-round pick (39th overall).
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 2
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 15
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 24
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 42
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)