Jan 23, 2014, 8:44 PM EDT
Contrary to reports by sources including TSN 1200 and NHL.com, the Anaheim Ducks actually didn’t make Jakob Silfverberg a healthy scratch against the Los Angeles Kings on Thursday. Instead, the scratches include Tyler Toffoli, Jeff Schultz and Matt Greene.
It’s unclear if Bruce Boudreau made a last-minute decision to dress Silfverberg or if he planned on playing the 23-year-old all along.
Silfverberg’s been playing well lately, making Bobby Ryan trade jokes less warranted; seven of his 15 points from 2013-14 have come in the last 10 games. Oddly enough, Ryan hasn’t been as productive in his last 10 games, only nabbing four points in that span.
Overall, Silfverberg has generated his 15 points in 27 games played. The Ducks likely expect continued growth from the 2009 second-round pick (39th overall).
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 18
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 6
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 30
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)