Jan 23, 2014, 8:44 PM EDT
Contrary to reports by sources including TSN 1200 and NHL.com, the Anaheim Ducks actually didn’t make Jakob Silfverberg a healthy scratch against the Los Angeles Kings on Thursday. Instead, the scratches include Tyler Toffoli, Jeff Schultz and Matt Greene.
It’s unclear if Bruce Boudreau made a last-minute decision to dress Silfverberg or if he planned on playing the 23-year-old all along.
Silfverberg’s been playing well lately, making Bobby Ryan trade jokes less warranted; seven of his 15 points from 2013-14 have come in the last 10 games. Oddly enough, Ryan hasn’t been as productive in his last 10 games, only nabbing four points in that span.
Overall, Silfverberg has generated his 15 points in 27 games played. The Ducks likely expect continued growth from the 2009 second-round pick (39th overall).
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 12
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 6
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 34
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)