Jan 23, 2014, 4:31 PM EST
From Josh Cooper of The Tennessean, ahead of tonight’s Nashville-Vancouver game at Rogers Arena, which will feature the Predators debut of defenseman Michael Del Zotto:
And he’s going to be let loose on a pairing with rookie Seth Jones.
It’s been an up-and-down NHL career for Del Zotto. As New York general manager Glen Sather put it, “he had a couple great years, he had a couple of interesting years here that didn’t work out the way he or we planned.”
With the Predators, it’s hoped the 20th overall pick in the 2008 draft can provide a boost for one of the NHL’s lowest-scoring offenses.
“I think Kevin is a very, very good defenseman, very solid defensively defenseman,” said Preds GM David Poile, “but I think Del Zotto is a much different type of a player and he has that offensive upside, he’s already shown that. He’s had a season where he’s had 42 points.”
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5