Jan 23, 2014, 7:23 PM EDT
The 22-year-old has 29 points in 47 games during his sophomore season, ten more than he had in 38 games as a rookie in 2012-13. He’s also averaging more ice time per game, as he’s jumped from 13:25 TOI to 15:05.
The Blues went 1-1 with him out during that quick spell, but that second contest was ugly, as they melted down against the New Jersey Devils 7-1 on Tuesday. The Rangers have been hot lately, so getting a valuable contributor back in the lineup is a plus for St. Louis.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 35
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 32
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 50
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35