Jan 23, 2014, 7:23 PM EDT
The 22-year-old has 29 points in 47 games during his sophomore season, ten more than he had in 38 games as a rookie in 2012-13. He’s also averaging more ice time per game, as he’s jumped from 13:25 TOI to 15:05.
The Blues went 1-1 with him out during that quick spell, but that second contest was ugly, as they melted down against the New Jersey Devils 7-1 on Tuesday. The Rangers have been hot lately, so getting a valuable contributor back in the lineup is a plus for St. Louis.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 3
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 8
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 5
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2