Jan 23, 2014, 7:23 PM EDT
The 22-year-old has 29 points in 47 games during his sophomore season, ten more than he had in 38 games as a rookie in 2012-13. He’s also averaging more ice time per game, as he’s jumped from 13:25 TOI to 15:05.
The Blues went 1-1 with him out during that quick spell, but that second contest was ugly, as they melted down against the New Jersey Devils 7-1 on Tuesday. The Rangers have been hot lately, so getting a valuable contributor back in the lineup is a plus for St. Louis.
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 22
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 105
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 76
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115