Jan 22, 2014, 12:36 AM EDT
The Dallas Stars came into Tuesday with a single win in 2014 while the Minnesota Wild had only lost twice in the new year before tonight, yet the teams didn’t seem to play those parts tonight, as Dallas dominated its way to a 4-0 win.
Here’s a collection of the highlights, which will probably strike you as appropriately Stars-friendly:
That’s the Stars’ second shutout of the season. They’re now 22-20-8 on the season while Minnesota slips to 27-20-5.
It doesn’t really tell the story of the game, but Jordie Benn‘s penalty shot goal is impressive enough that it deserves to be posted separately just to improve your odds of watching it:
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5