Jan 22, 2014, 12:36 AM EDT
The Dallas Stars came into Tuesday with a single win in 2014 while the Minnesota Wild had only lost twice in the new year before tonight, yet the teams didn’t seem to play those parts tonight, as Dallas dominated its way to a 4-0 win.
Here’s a collection of the highlights, which will probably strike you as appropriately Stars-friendly:
That’s the Stars’ second shutout of the season. They’re now 22-20-8 on the season while Minnesota slips to 27-20-5.
It doesn’t really tell the story of the game, but Jordie Benn‘s penalty shot goal is impressive enough that it deserves to be posted separately just to improve your odds of watching it:
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 14
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 36
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 49
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 33
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 26
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 50
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6