Jan 22, 2014, 12:36 AM EDT
The Dallas Stars came into Tuesday with a single win in 2014 while the Minnesota Wild had only lost twice in the new year before tonight, yet the teams didn’t seem to play those parts tonight, as Dallas dominated its way to a 4-0 win.
Here’s a collection of the highlights, which will probably strike you as appropriately Stars-friendly:
That’s the Stars’ second shutout of the season. They’re now 22-20-8 on the season while Minnesota slips to 27-20-5.
It doesn’t really tell the story of the game, but Jordie Benn‘s penalty shot goal is impressive enough that it deserves to be posted separately just to improve your odds of watching it:
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 33
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 28
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 15
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22