Jan 22, 2014, 7:42 PM EDT
Nathan Gerbe came into Wednesday with a nine-game goalless streak, but he broke it in a big way against the Philadelphia Flyers:
Impressive stuff, especially since he did so at such speed and needed to settle down the puck first.
Question: how does it compare to Tomas Hertl‘s notorious between-the-legs tally?
Gerbe, 26, is trying to show that he can be a go-to scorer with the Carolina Hurricanes. He’s been struggling in the new year, but goals like these can help you turn things around.
Update: The Hurricanes ended up winning 3-2. The Philadelphia Inquirer’s Sam Carchidi points out that Carolina now has three one-goal wins against the Flyers this season.
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 0
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 7
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 7
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 17
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Panthers’ playoff hopes take massive blow vs. Lightning 8
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Asst. GM Guerin admits Penguins need to lay off the refs (51)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)