Jan 22, 2014, 7:42 PM EDT
Nathan Gerbe came into Wednesday with a nine-game goalless streak, but he broke it in a big way against the Philadelphia Flyers:
Impressive stuff, especially since he did so at such speed and needed to settle down the puck first.
Question: how does it compare to Tomas Hertl‘s notorious between-the-legs tally?
Gerbe, 26, is trying to show that he can be a go-to scorer with the Carolina Hurricanes. He’s been struggling in the new year, but goals like these can help you turn things around.
Update: The Hurricanes ended up winning 3-2. The Philadelphia Inquirer’s Sam Carchidi points out that Carolina now has three one-goal wins against the Flyers this season.
- Tortorella calls meltdown ‘a kick in the teeth’ 4
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 11
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 13
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 22
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 35
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)