Jan 22, 2014, 7:42 PM EDT
Nathan Gerbe came into Wednesday with a nine-game goalless streak, but he broke it in a big way against the Philadelphia Flyers:
Impressive stuff, especially since he did so at such speed and needed to settle down the puck first.
Question: how does it compare to Tomas Hertl‘s notorious between-the-legs tally?
Gerbe, 26, is trying to show that he can be a go-to scorer with the Carolina Hurricanes. He’s been struggling in the new year, but goals like these can help you turn things around.
Update: The Hurricanes ended up winning 3-2. The Philadelphia Inquirer’s Sam Carchidi points out that Carolina now has three one-goal wins against the Flyers this season.
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 0
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 0
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 12
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)