Jan 22, 2014, 7:42 PM EDT
Nathan Gerbe came into Wednesday with a nine-game goalless streak, but he broke it in a big way against the Philadelphia Flyers:
Impressive stuff, especially since he did so at such speed and needed to settle down the puck first.
Question: how does it compare to Tomas Hertl‘s notorious between-the-legs tally?
Gerbe, 26, is trying to show that he can be a go-to scorer with the Carolina Hurricanes. He’s been struggling in the new year, but goals like these can help you turn things around.
Update: The Hurricanes ended up winning 3-2. The Philadelphia Inquirer’s Sam Carchidi points out that Carolina now has three one-goal wins against the Flyers this season.
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 14
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 12
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 28
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 43
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 34
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (43)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal (39)