Jan 22, 2014, 7:42 PM EST
Nathan Gerbe came into Wednesday with a nine-game goalless streak, but he broke it in a big way against the Philadelphia Flyers:
Impressive stuff, especially since he did so at such speed and needed to settle down the puck first.
Question: how does it compare to Tomas Hertl‘s notorious between-the-legs tally?
Gerbe, 26, is trying to show that he can be a go-to scorer with the Carolina Hurricanes. He’s been struggling in the new year, but goals like these can help you turn things around.
Update: The Hurricanes ended up winning 3-2. The Philadelphia Inquirer’s Sam Carchidi points out that Carolina now has three one-goal wins against the Flyers this season.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 8
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 75
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2