Jan 22, 2014, 4:57 PM EST
Nashville coach Barry Trotz didn’t pull many punches in the wake of Devan Dubnyk‘s disappointing debut in goal for the Preds, a 5-4 loss to Colorado on Saturday.
“He’s got to be a lot better,” Trotz said on 94.9 Game2 radio. “He’s a veteran player in the National Hockey League. I felt that three of the five goals were very stoppable in this league. It wasn’t a great game for him, but at the same time it was his first game [for the Predators], his first trade, a new city, all of the above. We’re getting used to him. He’s getting used to us.”
Trotz also alluded to some “bad habits” that Dubnyk has “picked up this year” in Edmonton.
“We’re really trying to get those corrected, trying to give him some time to work with [goaltending coach] Mitch Korn,” said Trotz.
The Preds have games in Vancouver Thursday and Calgary Friday, so Dubnyk could be back in goal soon.
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 0
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 36
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)