Jan 22, 2014, 4:57 PM EST
Nashville coach Barry Trotz didn’t pull many punches in the wake of Devan Dubnyk‘s disappointing debut in goal for the Preds, a 5-4 loss to Colorado on Saturday.
“He’s got to be a lot better,” Trotz said on 94.9 Game2 radio. “He’s a veteran player in the National Hockey League. I felt that three of the five goals were very stoppable in this league. It wasn’t a great game for him, but at the same time it was his first game [for the Predators], his first trade, a new city, all of the above. We’re getting used to him. He’s getting used to us.”
Trotz also alluded to some “bad habits” that Dubnyk has “picked up this year” in Edmonton.
“We’re really trying to get those corrected, trying to give him some time to work with [goaltending coach] Mitch Korn,” said Trotz.
The Preds have games in Vancouver Thursday and Calgary Friday, so Dubnyk could be back in goal soon.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)