Jan 22, 2014, 4:57 PM EST
Nashville coach Barry Trotz didn’t pull many punches in the wake of Devan Dubnyk‘s disappointing debut in goal for the Preds, a 5-4 loss to Colorado on Saturday.
“He’s got to be a lot better,” Trotz said on 94.9 Game2 radio. “He’s a veteran player in the National Hockey League. I felt that three of the five goals were very stoppable in this league. It wasn’t a great game for him, but at the same time it was his first game [for the Predators], his first trade, a new city, all of the above. We’re getting used to him. He’s getting used to us.”
Trotz also alluded to some “bad habits” that Dubnyk has “picked up this year” in Edmonton.
“We’re really trying to get those corrected, trying to give him some time to work with [goaltending coach] Mitch Korn,” said Trotz.
The Preds have games in Vancouver Thursday and Calgary Friday, so Dubnyk could be back in goal soon.
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 81
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 42
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 31
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 18
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 77
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 17
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (81)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (77)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)