Jan 22, 2014, 1:27 PM EST
Dustin Jeffrey‘s time in Dallas might soon be coming to a close.
The former Pens forward — claimed off waivers by Dallas two months ago — has been placed back on waivers, according to TVA’s Renaud Lavoie.
Jeffrey, 25, failed to find his niche with the Stars, appearing in just 12 games while notching one assist and a minus-2 rating. He last played in Monday’s 4-1 loss to Nashville — getting nearly 12 minutes — but was dropped from the lineup for last night’s big 4-0 win over Minnesota.
Jeffrey does have some NHL success on his resume, including a solid stint with the Pens during the 2010-11 campaign when he scored 12 points in 25 games. All told, he has over 100 NHL contests to his credit and could very well be scooped up again for a team looking for a forward on the cheap (Jeffrey is on a one-year, $625,000 deal).
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 17
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 55
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)