Jan 22, 2014, 1:27 PM EDT
Dustin Jeffrey‘s time in Dallas might soon be coming to a close.
The former Pens forward — claimed off waivers by Dallas two months ago — has been placed back on waivers, according to TVA’s Renaud Lavoie.
Jeffrey, 25, failed to find his niche with the Stars, appearing in just 12 games while notching one assist and a minus-2 rating. He last played in Monday’s 4-1 loss to Nashville — getting nearly 12 minutes — but was dropped from the lineup for last night’s big 4-0 win over Minnesota.
Jeffrey does have some NHL success on his resume, including a solid stint with the Pens during the 2010-11 campaign when he scored 12 points in 25 games. All told, he has over 100 NHL contests to his credit and could very well be scooped up again for a team looking for a forward on the cheap (Jeffrey is on a one-year, $625,000 deal).
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (36)