Jan 22, 2014, 1:27 PM EDT
Dustin Jeffrey‘s time in Dallas might soon be coming to a close.
The former Pens forward — claimed off waivers by Dallas two months ago — has been placed back on waivers, according to TVA’s Renaud Lavoie.
Jeffrey, 25, failed to find his niche with the Stars, appearing in just 12 games while notching one assist and a minus-2 rating. He last played in Monday’s 4-1 loss to Nashville — getting nearly 12 minutes — but was dropped from the lineup for last night’s big 4-0 win over Minnesota.
Jeffrey does have some NHL success on his resume, including a solid stint with the Pens during the 2010-11 campaign when he scored 12 points in 25 games. All told, he has over 100 NHL contests to his credit and could very well be scooped up again for a team looking for a forward on the cheap (Jeffrey is on a one-year, $625,000 deal).
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)