Jan 22, 2014, 1:27 PM EDT
Dustin Jeffrey‘s time in Dallas might soon be coming to a close.
The former Pens forward — claimed off waivers by Dallas two months ago — has been placed back on waivers, according to TVA’s Renaud Lavoie.
Jeffrey, 25, failed to find his niche with the Stars, appearing in just 12 games while notching one assist and a minus-2 rating. He last played in Monday’s 4-1 loss to Nashville — getting nearly 12 minutes — but was dropped from the lineup for last night’s big 4-0 win over Minnesota.
Jeffrey does have some NHL success on his resume, including a solid stint with the Pens during the 2010-11 campaign when he scored 12 points in 25 games. All told, he has over 100 NHL contests to his credit and could very well be scooped up again for a team looking for a forward on the cheap (Jeffrey is on a one-year, $625,000 deal).
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 12
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 11
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 39
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)