Jan 22, 2014, 10:25 PM EDT
Around Christmas, Colorado Avalanche head coach Patrick Roy was merely optimistic that Alex Tanguay might play again this season. Now he thinks the veteran winger could return from hip and knee issues during Friday’s game against the Florida Panthers, according to the Denver Post.
Tanguay, 34, hasn’t played since Nov. 2, as these issues sidelined him for 36 games.
His return to Colorado was quietly effective before these injuries cropped up, though, as he generated a solid nine points in 13 games.
The Avalanche have played well lately, with Nathan MacKinnon taking on a larger role as Colorado won four in a row before Tuesday’s 5-2 loss to Toronto.
It will be interesting to see how Roy decides to use Tanguay in the lineup, assuming he indeed returns; sending Brad Malone to the AHL implies as much.
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 9
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 9
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 59
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 59
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)