Jan 22, 2014, 8:56 PM EDT
Many believe that the starting goalie job for Team Canada comes down to Roberto Luongo, Carey Price and everyone else. That’s with good reason, as Price has been excellent this season, but Wednesday wasn’t kind to the 26-year-old.
The Pittsburgh Penguins chased him about 15 minutes into the second period, scoring five goals on 21 shots to give Price the hook. This is just the second time he’s been pulled this season, with the other occasion coming against the Los Angeles Kings on Dec. 10.
Of course, a goalie isn’t always pulled because the goals are his fault.
Here are all five of them, if you want to determine if it’s more about the Montreal Canadiens’ woes or an off-night for Price:
Jussi Jokinen 8:48 into the first period:
Taylor Pyatt 16:25 into the opening frame:
Jokinen’s second tally:
Sidney Crosby‘s 26th goal of the season:
Evgeni Malkin ends Price’s night:
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5