Jan 22, 2014, 8:56 PM EST
Many believe that the starting goalie job for Team Canada comes down to Roberto Luongo, Carey Price and everyone else. That’s with good reason, as Price has been excellent this season, but Wednesday wasn’t kind to the 26-year-old.
The Pittsburgh Penguins chased him about 15 minutes into the second period, scoring five goals on 21 shots to give Price the hook. This is just the second time he’s been pulled this season, with the other occasion coming against the Los Angeles Kings on Dec. 10.
Of course, a goalie isn’t always pulled because the goals are his fault.
Here are all five of them, if you want to determine if it’s more about the Montreal Canadiens’ woes or an off-night for Price:
Jussi Jokinen 8:48 into the first period:
Taylor Pyatt 16:25 into the opening frame:
Jokinen’s second tally:
Sidney Crosby‘s 26th goal of the season:
Evgeni Malkin ends Price’s night:
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 0
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 5
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 23
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3