Jan 22, 2014, 8:52 PM EDT
Edmonton Oilers head coach Dallas Eakins isn’t sugarcoating his situation: he knows that he’s at risk of being fired, even though this is his first season with the team.
As honest and occasionally blunt as Eakins has been this season, he was especially open about his situation Wednesday.
He provides some fascinating details about the lack of culture in Edmonton and the hot seat he’s sitting on, which really kicks in about 10 minutes into the video below:
In case you don’t want to watch the video, one of the most interesting comments came when he said that he “firmly” believes that he could be a part of another wave of potential changes, not just players who might get traded.
Eakins was a red-hot coaching prospect last summer, yet he can find himself out of job in a startlingly short amount of time, whether he’s truly to blame for the team’s lack of “culture” and success or not.
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 0
- WATCH LIVE: Washington Capitals at Pittsburgh Penguins 1
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 13
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 53
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (67)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)