Jan 22, 2014, 8:52 PM EDT
Edmonton Oilers head coach Dallas Eakins isn’t sugarcoating his situation: he knows that he’s at risk of being fired, even though this is his first season with the team.
As honest and occasionally blunt as Eakins has been this season, he was especially open about his situation Wednesday.
He provides some fascinating details about the lack of culture in Edmonton and the hot seat he’s sitting on, which really kicks in about 10 minutes into the video below:
In case you don’t want to watch the video, one of the most interesting comments came when he said that he “firmly” believes that he could be a part of another wave of potential changes, not just players who might get traded.
Eakins was a red-hot coaching prospect last summer, yet he can find himself out of job in a startlingly short amount of time, whether he’s truly to blame for the team’s lack of “culture” and success or not.
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 35
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 16
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6