Jan 22, 2014, 8:52 PM EDT
Edmonton Oilers head coach Dallas Eakins isn’t sugarcoating his situation: he knows that he’s at risk of being fired, even though this is his first season with the team.
As honest and occasionally blunt as Eakins has been this season, he was especially open about his situation Wednesday.
He provides some fascinating details about the lack of culture in Edmonton and the hot seat he’s sitting on, which really kicks in about 10 minutes into the video below:
In case you don’t want to watch the video, one of the most interesting comments came when he said that he “firmly” believes that he could be a part of another wave of potential changes, not just players who might get traded.
Eakins was a red-hot coaching prospect last summer, yet he can find himself out of job in a startlingly short amount of time, whether he’s truly to blame for the team’s lack of “culture” and success or not.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)