Jan 22, 2014, 8:52 PM EDT
Edmonton Oilers head coach Dallas Eakins isn’t sugarcoating his situation: he knows that he’s at risk of being fired, even though this is his first season with the team.
As honest and occasionally blunt as Eakins has been this season, he was especially open about his situation Wednesday.
He provides some fascinating details about the lack of culture in Edmonton and the hot seat he’s sitting on, which really kicks in about 10 minutes into the video below:
In case you don’t want to watch the video, one of the most interesting comments came when he said that he “firmly” believes that he could be a part of another wave of potential changes, not just players who might get traded.
Eakins was a red-hot coaching prospect last summer, yet he can find himself out of job in a startlingly short amount of time, whether he’s truly to blame for the team’s lack of “culture” and success or not.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5