Jan 22, 2014, 12:57 AM EDT
On Tuesday, it became clear that Paul Maurice, Ondrej Pavelec and the Winnipeg Jets’ hot streak trumped the Anaheim Ducks’ astounding home record, as the Jets squeezed by with a 3-2 win.
With that, both Maurice and Pavelec are on four-game winning streaks while the Ducks finally lost a game in regulation at home, as they’re now 20-1-2 at The Pond.
Make no mistake about it, Pavelec was the difference-maker tonight. The 26-year-old stopped 40 out of 42 shots as Anaheim dominated the play by almost every measure beyond the most important one (the final score).
With this win, the Jets move to .500 once more as they’re 23-23-5. It’s easy to see that they have more on the line; Winnipeg’s playoff hopes hinge on finishing strong, so to start, they need to do well at the end of this month. Following Thursday’s road game against San Jose, they’ll play three of four at home before a challenging four-game road trip.
The Ducks face an opportunity to boost their already-impressive season with a home-and-home against the Los Angeles Kings before they play five home games in a row.
Of course, now they look at least a bit more human in Anaheim …
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 45
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)