Jan 22, 2014, 5:24 PM EDT
News and notes from around the blue paint…
Monster goes for Wings
Gustavsson has missed the last nine games with an injury of his own (groin) and hasn’t started since Dec. 28. On Monday, it was Petr Mrazek who replaced Howard midway through the second period of a loss to St. Louis. Gustavsson did play well in his last outing, however, stopping 30 of 33 shots against the Panthers.
He’ll be going up against Corey Crawford in the ‘Hawks goal.
Mason gets chance at redemption
Steve Mason will get the nod for Philly tonight when it hosts the ‘Canes.
Mason was yanked from his last outing — allowing four goals on 24 shots in a win over the Islanders — but has fared well against Carolina this season, posting a 1.98 GAA and .944 save percentage.
No word yet on who the ‘Canes will have in net.
Coyotes at Flames: Karri Ramo for Calgary, no starter confirmed for Phoenix.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 15
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)