Jan 22, 2014, 5:24 PM EDT
News and notes from around the blue paint…
Monster goes for Wings
Gustavsson has missed the last nine games with an injury of his own (groin) and hasn’t started since Dec. 28. On Monday, it was Petr Mrazek who replaced Howard midway through the second period of a loss to St. Louis. Gustavsson did play well in his last outing, however, stopping 30 of 33 shots against the Panthers.
He’ll be going up against Corey Crawford in the ‘Hawks goal.
Mason gets chance at redemption
Steve Mason will get the nod for Philly tonight when it hosts the ‘Canes.
Mason was yanked from his last outing — allowing four goals on 24 shots in a win over the Islanders — but has fared well against Carolina this season, posting a 1.98 GAA and .944 save percentage.
No word yet on who the ‘Canes will have in net.
Coyotes at Flames: Karri Ramo for Calgary, no starter confirmed for Phoenix.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)