Jan 22, 2014, 5:24 PM EST
News and notes from around the blue paint…
Monster goes for Wings
Gustavsson has missed the last nine games with an injury of his own (groin) and hasn’t started since Dec. 28. On Monday, it was Petr Mrazek who replaced Howard midway through the second period of a loss to St. Louis. Gustavsson did play well in his last outing, however, stopping 30 of 33 shots against the Panthers.
He’ll be going up against Corey Crawford in the ‘Hawks goal.
Mason gets chance at redemption
Steve Mason will get the nod for Philly tonight when it hosts the ‘Canes.
Mason was yanked from his last outing — allowing four goals on 24 shots in a win over the Islanders — but has fared well against Carolina this season, posting a 1.98 GAA and .944 save percentage.
No word yet on who the ‘Canes will have in net.
Coyotes at Flames: Karri Ramo for Calgary, no starter confirmed for Phoenix.
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 0
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 29
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 65
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (65)