Jan 22, 2014, 5:24 PM EST
News and notes from around the blue paint…
Monster goes for Wings
Gustavsson has missed the last nine games with an injury of his own (groin) and hasn’t started since Dec. 28. On Monday, it was Petr Mrazek who replaced Howard midway through the second period of a loss to St. Louis. Gustavsson did play well in his last outing, however, stopping 30 of 33 shots against the Panthers.
He’ll be going up against Corey Crawford in the ‘Hawks goal.
Mason gets chance at redemption
Steve Mason will get the nod for Philly tonight when it hosts the ‘Canes.
Mason was yanked from his last outing — allowing four goals on 24 shots in a win over the Islanders — but has fared well against Carolina this season, posting a 1.98 GAA and .944 save percentage.
No word yet on who the ‘Canes will have in net.
Coyotes at Flames: Karri Ramo for Calgary, no starter confirmed for Phoenix.
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 2
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 20
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)