Jan 21, 2014, 10:36 AM EDT
Benn also escaped supplemental discipline from the league and, on Monday, Wild head coach Mike Yeo addressed the situation at hand.
“Things happen in games and certainly you have to be ready to respond,” Yeo said, per the Pioneer Press. “We know that we’re going to have to play a hard, physical game regardless of who’s in the lineup.
“But we also have to makes sure that our sights are set on us and what we need to do to be successful.”
The Wild have been faced with a similar situation once already this season. Back in early October, the club had an opportunity to exact revenge on L.A. captain Dustin Brown, who sidelined Jason Pominville with an elbow to the face at the end of the last season. Brown was suspended for a pair of games, but Pominville missed five with a concussion.
Zenon Konopka, who is no longer with the Wild, was acutely aware of the situation — “You get a chance to legally hit [Brown] clean, you’re going to throw that hit,” he said — but nothing actually transpired during the game.
As such, it’ll be interesting to see what transpires tonight.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 20
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17