Jan 21, 2014, 10:36 AM EDT
Benn also escaped supplemental discipline from the league and, on Monday, Wild head coach Mike Yeo addressed the situation at hand.
“Things happen in games and certainly you have to be ready to respond,” Yeo said, per the Pioneer Press. “We know that we’re going to have to play a hard, physical game regardless of who’s in the lineup.
“But we also have to makes sure that our sights are set on us and what we need to do to be successful.”
The Wild have been faced with a similar situation once already this season. Back in early October, the club had an opportunity to exact revenge on L.A. captain Dustin Brown, who sidelined Jason Pominville with an elbow to the face at the end of the last season. Brown was suspended for a pair of games, but Pominville missed five with a concussion.
Zenon Konopka, who is no longer with the Wild, was acutely aware of the situation — “You get a chance to legally hit [Brown] clean, you’re going to throw that hit,” he said — but nothing actually transpired during the game.
As such, it’ll be interesting to see what transpires tonight.
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 0
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- The King is back: Lundqvist starts for Rangers Saturday 7
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 16
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 58
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)