Jan 21, 2014, 10:36 AM EDT
Benn also escaped supplemental discipline from the league and, on Monday, Wild head coach Mike Yeo addressed the situation at hand.
“Things happen in games and certainly you have to be ready to respond,” Yeo said, per the Pioneer Press. “We know that we’re going to have to play a hard, physical game regardless of who’s in the lineup.
“But we also have to makes sure that our sights are set on us and what we need to do to be successful.”
The Wild have been faced with a similar situation once already this season. Back in early October, the club had an opportunity to exact revenge on L.A. captain Dustin Brown, who sidelined Jason Pominville with an elbow to the face at the end of the last season. Brown was suspended for a pair of games, but Pominville missed five with a concussion.
Zenon Konopka, who is no longer with the Wild, was acutely aware of the situation — “You get a chance to legally hit [Brown] clean, you’re going to throw that hit,” he said — but nothing actually transpired during the game.
As such, it’ll be interesting to see what transpires tonight.
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 30
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 12
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 114
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 6
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 14
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 63
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 25
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 93
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (114)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)