Jan 21, 2014, 8:43 PM EST
Much like he did against the Washington Capitals, Nash scored the first two goals of tonight’s game against the New York Islanders in the first period.
The first came 1:02 into the game:
About 10 minutes later, the 29-year-old scored his 16th tally of the season:
(Quite an outlet by Dan Girari there, by the way.)
Jeremy Roenick called Nash the hottest player in the league right now, and at minimum, he’s in the running. He has five goals (and counting?) in his last three games and managed to find the net nine times in nine games since Jan. 6.
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 11
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 14
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 12
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 1
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 33