Jan 21, 2014, 8:43 PM EDT
Much like he did against the Washington Capitals, Nash scored the first two goals of tonight’s game against the New York Islanders in the first period.
The first came 1:02 into the game:
About 10 minutes later, the 29-year-old scored his 16th tally of the season:
(Quite an outlet by Dan Girari there, by the way.)
Jeremy Roenick called Nash the hottest player in the league right now, and at minimum, he’s in the running. He has five goals (and counting?) in his last three games and managed to find the net nine times in nine games since Jan. 6.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 10
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 53
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54