Jan 21, 2014, 8:43 PM EDT
Much like he did against the Washington Capitals, Nash scored the first two goals of tonight’s game against the New York Islanders in the first period.
The first came 1:02 into the game:
About 10 minutes later, the 29-year-old scored his 16th tally of the season:
(Quite an outlet by Dan Girari there, by the way.)
Jeremy Roenick called Nash the hottest player in the league right now, and at minimum, he’s in the running. He has five goals (and counting?) in his last three games and managed to find the net nine times in nine games since Jan. 6.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5