Jan 21, 2014, 8:43 PM EST
Much like he did against the Washington Capitals, Nash scored the first two goals of tonight’s game against the New York Islanders in the first period.
The first came 1:02 into the game:
About 10 minutes later, the 29-year-old scored his 16th tally of the season:
(Quite an outlet by Dan Girari there, by the way.)
Jeremy Roenick called Nash the hottest player in the league right now, and at minimum, he’s in the running. He has five goals (and counting?) in his last three games and managed to find the net nine times in nine games since Jan. 6.
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 0
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 7
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 1
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 24
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11