Jan 21, 2014, 8:43 PM EDT
Much like he did against the Washington Capitals, Nash scored the first two goals of tonight’s game against the New York Islanders in the first period.
The first came 1:02 into the game:
About 10 minutes later, the 29-year-old scored his 16th tally of the season:
(Quite an outlet by Dan Girari there, by the way.)
Jeremy Roenick called Nash the hottest player in the league right now, and at minimum, he’s in the running. He has five goals (and counting?) in his last three games and managed to find the net nine times in nine games since Jan. 6.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8