Jan 21, 2014, 1:38 AM EDT
OK. It wasn’t a hat trick this time.
But Joe Pavelski continues his recently torrid scoring pace, as he was credited with a pair of goals, including the winner, on Monday, and the San Jose Sharks were the beneficiaries, escaping past the visiting and struggling Calgary Flames by a final score of 3-2.
In his last three games, Pavelski has scored six times. His second of the evening was courtesy of some nice work by Jason Demers to hold the puck in the zone with a desperation diving play, and a lovely pass from Joe Thornton.
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 14
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 22
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 14
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Asst. GM Guerin admits Penguins need to lay off the refs (52)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)