Jan 21, 2014, 1:38 AM EDT
OK. It wasn’t a hat trick this time.
But Joe Pavelski continues his recently torrid scoring pace, as he was credited with a pair of goals, including the winner, on Monday, and the San Jose Sharks were the beneficiaries, escaping past the visiting and struggling Calgary Flames by a final score of 3-2.
In his last three games, Pavelski has scored six times. His second of the evening was courtesy of some nice work by Jason Demers to hold the puck in the zone with a desperation diving play, and a lovely pass from Joe Thornton.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39