Jan 21, 2014, 1:38 AM EST
OK. It wasn’t a hat trick this time.
But Joe Pavelski continues his recently torrid scoring pace, as he was credited with a pair of goals, including the winner, on Monday, and the San Jose Sharks were the beneficiaries, escaping past the visiting and struggling Calgary Flames by a final score of 3-2.
In his last three games, Pavelski has scored six times. His second of the evening was courtesy of some nice work by Jason Demers to hold the puck in the zone with a desperation diving play, and a lovely pass from Joe Thornton.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)