Jan 21, 2014, 1:38 AM EDT
OK. It wasn’t a hat trick this time.
But Joe Pavelski continues his recently torrid scoring pace, as he was credited with a pair of goals, including the winner, on Monday, and the San Jose Sharks were the beneficiaries, escaping past the visiting and struggling Calgary Flames by a final score of 3-2.
In his last three games, Pavelski has scored six times. His second of the evening was courtesy of some nice work by Jason Demers to hold the puck in the zone with a desperation diving play, and a lovely pass from Joe Thornton.
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 9
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 14
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 33
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 13
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 121
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 6
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 14
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 64
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (121)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)