Jan 21, 2014, 10:10 PM EDT
To put it mildly, Toronto Maple Leafs winger Phil Kessel is on the top of his game right now. He extended his point streak to seven games (six goals, eight assists) with this goal on Tuesday:
Update: Kessel also scored another goal, giving him 26 on the season. The Maple Leafs won 5-2.
“He’s a mutant almost,” Rielly said.
That observation begs the question: what “superpowers” or “mutant abilities” might Kessel have? A few guesses:
- Super acceleration despite looking a little chubby in photos (Rick Nash also possesses or at least possessed this ability)
- The ability to score tons of goals and still get blamed for his team’s failures.
- Impervious to over-sized media pressure.
- Gifted at mocking Tyler Bozak for playing video games (warning: a little NSFW).
Any other powers to add?
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 3
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 39
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 60
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 24
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 64
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1