Jan 21, 2014, 10:10 PM EDT
To put it mildly, Toronto Maple Leafs winger Phil Kessel is on the top of his game right now. He extended his point streak to seven games (six goals, eight assists) with this goal on Tuesday:
Update: Kessel also scored another goal, giving him 26 on the season. The Maple Leafs won 5-2.
“He’s a mutant almost,” Rielly said.
That observation begs the question: what “superpowers” or “mutant abilities” might Kessel have? A few guesses:
- Super acceleration despite looking a little chubby in photos (Rick Nash also possesses or at least possessed this ability)
- The ability to score tons of goals and still get blamed for his team’s failures.
- Impervious to over-sized media pressure.
- Gifted at mocking Tyler Bozak for playing video games (warning: a little NSFW).
Any other powers to add?
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 9
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 20
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 91
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 35
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (93)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)