Jan 21, 2014, 10:10 PM EDT
To put it mildly, Toronto Maple Leafs winger Phil Kessel is on the top of his game right now. He extended his point streak to seven games (six goals, eight assists) with this goal on Tuesday:
Update: Kessel also scored another goal, giving him 26 on the season. The Maple Leafs won 5-2.
“He’s a mutant almost,” Rielly said.
That observation begs the question: what “superpowers” or “mutant abilities” might Kessel have? A few guesses:
- Super acceleration despite looking a little chubby in photos (Rick Nash also possesses or at least possessed this ability)
- The ability to score tons of goals and still get blamed for his team’s failures.
- Impervious to over-sized media pressure.
- Gifted at mocking Tyler Bozak for playing video games (warning: a little NSFW).
Any other powers to add?
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)