Jan 21, 2014, 8:27 PM EDT
Florida Panthers rookie Aleksander Barkov suffered a lower-body injury against the Buffalo Sabres on Tuesday and won’t return.
The 18-year-old broke a three-game pointless streak on Tuesday, as he collected an assist. That gives the second pick of the 2013 NHL Draft 24 points in 50 games during his first campaign with Florida.
He’s come into his game nicely in his first campaign, as he was probably most impressive in December, scoring nine points in 14 games during that month.
We’ll see how long the Panthers must scratch and claw without their prized prospect.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)