Jan 21, 2014, 8:27 PM EDT
Florida Panthers rookie Aleksander Barkov suffered a lower-body injury against the Buffalo Sabres on Tuesday and won’t return.
The 18-year-old broke a three-game pointless streak on Tuesday, as he collected an assist. That gives the second pick of the 2013 NHL Draft 24 points in 50 games during his first campaign with Florida.
He’s come into his game nicely in his first campaign, as he was probably most impressive in December, scoring nine points in 14 games during that month.
We’ll see how long the Panthers must scratch and claw without their prized prospect.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 3
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 6
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 28
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)