Jan 21, 2014, 8:27 PM EST
Florida Panthers rookie Aleksander Barkov suffered a lower-body injury against the Buffalo Sabres on Tuesday and won’t return.
The 18-year-old broke a three-game pointless streak on Tuesday, as he collected an assist. That gives the second pick of the 2013 NHL Draft 24 points in 50 games during his first campaign with Florida.
He’s come into his game nicely in his first campaign, as he was probably most impressive in December, scoring nine points in 14 games during that month.
We’ll see how long the Panthers must scratch and claw without their prized prospect.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 73
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (146)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)