Jan 21, 2014, 8:27 PM EDT
Florida Panthers rookie Aleksander Barkov suffered a lower-body injury against the Buffalo Sabres on Tuesday and won’t return.
The 18-year-old broke a three-game pointless streak on Tuesday, as he collected an assist. That gives the second pick of the 2013 NHL Draft 24 points in 50 games during his first campaign with Florida.
He’s come into his game nicely in his first campaign, as he was probably most impressive in December, scoring nine points in 14 games during that month.
We’ll see how long the Panthers must scratch and claw without their prized prospect.
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 0
- Selanne offers harsh criticism of Boudreau’s handling of him 8
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 18
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 22
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 22
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 51
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 22
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (51)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)