Jan 21, 2014, 8:27 PM EST
Florida Panthers rookie Aleksander Barkov suffered a lower-body injury against the Buffalo Sabres on Tuesday and won’t return.
The 18-year-old broke a three-game pointless streak on Tuesday, as he collected an assist. That gives the second pick of the 2013 NHL Draft 24 points in 50 games during his first campaign with Florida.
He’s come into his game nicely in his first campaign, as he was probably most impressive in December, scoring nine points in 14 games during that month.
We’ll see how long the Panthers must scratch and claw without their prized prospect.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 28
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 14
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 86
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 4
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (87)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)