Jan 21, 2014, 9:36 PM EST
While the Philadelphia Flyers canceled their game due to adverse conditions, teams like the New Jersey Devils decided to soldier on, even if it meant playing in front of minuscule crowds. Their accounts (and trainers?) may disagree, but Tuesday’s game appeared to be worth playing, as New Jersey decimated the St. Louis Blues 7-1.
This was the Devils’ first seven-goal output since they beat the New York Islanders 7-1 back in April 2010, according to The Bergen Record’s Tom Gulitti. The team’s power play efficiency was also an anomaly, as they produced three consecutive man advantage goals:
Devils had 7 PPG at home all season and never more than one in game before getting three tonight.
— Tom Gulitti (@TGfireandice) January 22, 2014
All in all, it was worth trudging the snow, especially if Henrique’s issue is only minor. Of course, the ordeal might not be totally over, as they must avoid getting stuck on their way home, as Patrik Elias and Travis Zajac can attest.
(As far as the Blues are concerned, Alexander Steen established a new career-high with his 25th goal. And … that’s about all the positives they can probably take from this one.)
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)