Jan 21, 2014, 9:36 PM EDT
While the Philadelphia Flyers canceled their game due to adverse conditions, teams like the New Jersey Devils decided to soldier on, even if it meant playing in front of minuscule crowds. Their accounts (and trainers?) may disagree, but Tuesday’s game appeared to be worth playing, as New Jersey decimated the St. Louis Blues 7-1.
This was the Devils’ first seven-goal output since they beat the New York Islanders 7-1 back in April 2010, according to The Bergen Record’s Tom Gulitti. The team’s power play efficiency was also an anomaly, as they produced three consecutive man advantage goals:
Devils had 7 PPG at home all season and never more than one in game before getting three tonight.
— Tom Gulitti (@TGfireandice) January 22, 2014
All in all, it was worth trudging the snow, especially if Henrique’s issue is only minor. Of course, the ordeal might not be totally over, as they must avoid getting stuck on their way home, as Patrik Elias and Travis Zajac can attest.
(As far as the Blues are concerned, Alexander Steen established a new career-high with his 25th goal. And … that’s about all the positives they can probably take from this one.)
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 20
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 23
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 8
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 80
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)