Jan 21, 2014, 9:36 PM EST
While the Philadelphia Flyers canceled their game due to adverse conditions, teams like the New Jersey Devils decided to soldier on, even if it meant playing in front of minuscule crowds. Their accounts (and trainers?) may disagree, but Tuesday’s game appeared to be worth playing, as New Jersey decimated the St. Louis Blues 7-1.
This was the Devils’ first seven-goal output since they beat the New York Islanders 7-1 back in April 2010, according to The Bergen Record’s Tom Gulitti. The team’s power play efficiency was also an anomaly, as they produced three consecutive man advantage goals:
Devils had 7 PPG at home all season and never more than one in game before getting three tonight.
— Tom Gulitti (@TGfireandice) January 22, 2014
All in all, it was worth trudging the snow, especially if Henrique’s issue is only minor. Of course, the ordeal might not be totally over, as they must avoid getting stuck on their way home, as Patrik Elias and Travis Zajac can attest.
(As far as the Blues are concerned, Alexander Steen established a new career-high with his 25th goal. And … that’s about all the positives they can probably take from this one.)
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 8
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 43
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)