Jan 21, 2014, 4:17 PM EDT
News and notes from the crease…
Talbot in for Blueshirts
Talbot is relatively fresh, having stopped 29 of 30 shots in a 4-1 win over the Sens on Saturday, and is 10-3-0 with a 1.62 GAA and .940 save percentage this season. The real question will be who sits behind Talbot; hazardous weather conditions in the Northeast have reportedly made calling up someone from AHL Hartford more difficult than usual.
UPDATE: It’ll be David LeNeveu backing up tonight for New York.
As for the Isles, Kevin Poulin will get the start in goal.
Kuemper rides again
Rookie netminder Darcy Kuemper will make his fifth straight start for the Wild on Tuesday in Dallas.
Kuemper has been very good for Minnesota since his recall from AHL Iowa, going 4-1-0 with a 1.37 GAA and .954 save percentage. He’s also provided quality netminding with both Niklas Backstrom and Josh Harding on the shelf, which has kept the Wild afloat in the Western Conference playoff chase.
The Stars have yet to announce their starter for this evening.
Kings at Blue Jackets: Columbus goes with Sergei Bobrovsky; Martin Jones likely for L.A.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 23
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 23
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)