Jan 21, 2014, 4:17 PM EDT
News and notes from the crease…
Talbot in for Blueshirts
Talbot is relatively fresh, having stopped 29 of 30 shots in a 4-1 win over the Sens on Saturday, and is 10-3-0 with a 1.62 GAA and .940 save percentage this season. The real question will be who sits behind Talbot; hazardous weather conditions in the Northeast have reportedly made calling up someone from AHL Hartford more difficult than usual.
UPDATE: It’ll be David LeNeveu backing up tonight for New York.
As for the Isles, Kevin Poulin will get the start in goal.
Kuemper rides again
Rookie netminder Darcy Kuemper will make his fifth straight start for the Wild on Tuesday in Dallas.
Kuemper has been very good for Minnesota since his recall from AHL Iowa, going 4-1-0 with a 1.37 GAA and .954 save percentage. He’s also provided quality netminding with both Niklas Backstrom and Josh Harding on the shelf, which has kept the Wild afloat in the Western Conference playoff chase.
The Stars have yet to announce their starter for this evening.
Kings at Blue Jackets: Columbus goes with Sergei Bobrovsky; Martin Jones likely for L.A.
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 9
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 1
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 10
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 18
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 21
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 36
- Report: Johansen, Blue Jackets talking contract 7
- NHL waiting on World Cup announcement, Olympics decision 9
- Leiweke calls out ‘just terrible’ character of certain players in Leafs organization 30
- Crosby: Pens must ‘find a way to get over that hump’ 13
- Will future tweaks be enough to salvage NHL 15? (50)
- This Darcy Kuemper-Minnesota Wild situation doesn’t sound good (40)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker (39)
- The KHL’s really trying to mow Minnesota’s lawn (38)