Jan 21, 2014, 4:17 PM EDT
News and notes from the crease…
Talbot in for Blueshirts
Talbot is relatively fresh, having stopped 29 of 30 shots in a 4-1 win over the Sens on Saturday, and is 10-3-0 with a 1.62 GAA and .940 save percentage this season. The real question will be who sits behind Talbot; hazardous weather conditions in the Northeast have reportedly made calling up someone from AHL Hartford more difficult than usual.
UPDATE: It’ll be David LeNeveu backing up tonight for New York.
As for the Isles, Kevin Poulin will get the start in goal.
Kuemper rides again
Rookie netminder Darcy Kuemper will make his fifth straight start for the Wild on Tuesday in Dallas.
Kuemper has been very good for Minnesota since his recall from AHL Iowa, going 4-1-0 with a 1.37 GAA and .954 save percentage. He’s also provided quality netminding with both Niklas Backstrom and Josh Harding on the shelf, which has kept the Wild afloat in the Western Conference playoff chase.
The Stars have yet to announce their starter for this evening.
Kings at Blue Jackets: Columbus goes with Sergei Bobrovsky; Martin Jones likely for L.A.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 52
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5