Jan 21, 2014, 12:27 AM EDT
Calgary Flames forward Paul Byron left Monday’s game against the San Jose Sharks early in the second period and will not return, according to Scott Cruickshank of the Calgary Herald.
Byron suffered the injury during his first and, subsequently, only shift of the second period. He didn’t take to the ice again after that.
The 24-year-old Byron has split his time this season between the Flames and the American Hockey League’s Abbotsford Heat. In 24 games with the Flames this season, Byron has two goals and 10 points.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 94
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5