Jan 21, 2014, 12:27 AM EDT
Calgary Flames forward Paul Byron left Monday’s game against the San Jose Sharks early in the second period and will not return, according to Scott Cruickshank of the Calgary Herald.
Byron suffered the injury during his first and, subsequently, only shift of the second period. He didn’t take to the ice again after that.
The 24-year-old Byron has split his time this season between the Flames and the American Hockey League’s Abbotsford Heat. In 24 games with the Flames this season, Byron has two goals and 10 points.
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 9
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 9
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 59
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 59
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)