Jan 21, 2014, 12:27 AM EDT
Calgary Flames forward Paul Byron left Monday’s game against the San Jose Sharks early in the second period and will not return, according to Scott Cruickshank of the Calgary Herald.
Byron suffered the injury during his first and, subsequently, only shift of the second period. He didn’t take to the ice again after that.
The 24-year-old Byron has split his time this season between the Flames and the American Hockey League’s Abbotsford Heat. In 24 games with the Flames this season, Byron has two goals and 10 points.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 11
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)