Jan 21, 2014, 12:27 AM EDT
Calgary Flames forward Paul Byron left Monday’s game against the San Jose Sharks early in the second period and will not return, according to Scott Cruickshank of the Calgary Herald.
Byron suffered the injury during his first and, subsequently, only shift of the second period. He didn’t take to the ice again after that.
The 24-year-old Byron has split his time this season between the Flames and the American Hockey League’s Abbotsford Heat. In 24 games with the Flames this season, Byron has two goals and 10 points.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 32
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 9
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (33)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)