Jan 21, 2014, 12:27 AM EDT
Calgary Flames forward Paul Byron left Monday’s game against the San Jose Sharks early in the second period and will not return, according to Scott Cruickshank of the Calgary Herald.
Byron suffered the injury during his first and, subsequently, only shift of the second period. He didn’t take to the ice again after that.
The 24-year-old Byron has split his time this season between the Flames and the American Hockey League’s Abbotsford Heat. In 24 games with the Flames this season, Byron has two goals and 10 points.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 22
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17