Jan 21, 2014, 6:22 PM EDT
Tuesday’s postponed game against the Philadelphia Flyers caused a bit of a ripple effect for the Carolina Hurricanes’ week, as two contests were moved to two different dates. Instead of playing the Flyers today, they’ll face them on Wednesday; the team’s game against the Ottawa Senators will also be shuffled from Friday to Saturday.
Here’s a handy visual before-and-after guide to illustrate the change:
Before the postponements:
Today: at Philadelphia
Thursday: at Buffalo
Friday: at Ottawa
After the postponements:
Wednesday: at Philadelphia
Thursday: at Buffalo
Saturday: at Ottawa
That Thursday game against the Sabres explains the extra moves, as NHL teams aren’t allowed to play games on three consecutive nights. This isn’t even the first example of weather issues forcing the Hurricanes to reschedule a contest this season, as a different game against Buffalo was moved from Jan. 9 to Feb. 25.
The Flyers will play games on Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday as well thanks to this schedule change, so perhaps their alterations (aside from possible travel tweaks) might not be so significant. PHT will keep an eye on any announcements about complications for Philly, though.
In the meantime, feel free to make cheesy Hurricanes-related weather jokes, because the opening seems to be there.
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 6
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 97
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 12
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 3
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 20
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 22
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 17
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (128)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)