Jan 21, 2014, 6:22 PM EDT
Tuesday’s postponed game against the Philadelphia Flyers caused a bit of a ripple effect for the Carolina Hurricanes’ week, as two contests were moved to two different dates. Instead of playing the Flyers today, they’ll face them on Wednesday; the team’s game against the Ottawa Senators will also be shuffled from Friday to Saturday.
Here’s a handy visual before-and-after guide to illustrate the change:
Before the postponements:
Today: at Philadelphia
Thursday: at Buffalo
Friday: at Ottawa
After the postponements:
Wednesday: at Philadelphia
Thursday: at Buffalo
Saturday: at Ottawa
That Thursday game against the Sabres explains the extra moves, as NHL teams aren’t allowed to play games on three consecutive nights. This isn’t even the first example of weather issues forcing the Hurricanes to reschedule a contest this season, as a different game against Buffalo was moved from Jan. 9 to Feb. 25.
The Flyers will play games on Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday as well thanks to this schedule change, so perhaps their alterations (aside from possible travel tweaks) might not be so significant. PHT will keep an eye on any announcements about complications for Philly, though.
In the meantime, feel free to make cheesy Hurricanes-related weather jokes, because the opening seems to be there.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (59)