Jan 21, 2014, 6:22 PM EDT
Tuesday’s postponed game against the Philadelphia Flyers caused a bit of a ripple effect for the Carolina Hurricanes’ week, as two contests were moved to two different dates. Instead of playing the Flyers today, they’ll face them on Wednesday; the team’s game against the Ottawa Senators will also be shuffled from Friday to Saturday.
Here’s a handy visual before-and-after guide to illustrate the change:
Before the postponements:
Today: at Philadelphia
Thursday: at Buffalo
Friday: at Ottawa
After the postponements:
Wednesday: at Philadelphia
Thursday: at Buffalo
Saturday: at Ottawa
That Thursday game against the Sabres explains the extra moves, as NHL teams aren’t allowed to play games on three consecutive nights. This isn’t even the first example of weather issues forcing the Hurricanes to reschedule a contest this season, as a different game against Buffalo was moved from Jan. 9 to Feb. 25.
The Flyers will play games on Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday as well thanks to this schedule change, so perhaps their alterations (aside from possible travel tweaks) might not be so significant. PHT will keep an eye on any announcements about complications for Philly, though.
In the meantime, feel free to make cheesy Hurricanes-related weather jokes, because the opening seems to be there.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 3
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 11
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 24
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 14
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 8
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)