Jan 21, 2014, 6:22 PM EDT
Tuesday’s postponed game against the Philadelphia Flyers caused a bit of a ripple effect for the Carolina Hurricanes’ week, as two contests were moved to two different dates. Instead of playing the Flyers today, they’ll face them on Wednesday; the team’s game against the Ottawa Senators will also be shuffled from Friday to Saturday.
Here’s a handy visual before-and-after guide to illustrate the change:
Before the postponements:
Today: at Philadelphia
Thursday: at Buffalo
Friday: at Ottawa
After the postponements:
Wednesday: at Philadelphia
Thursday: at Buffalo
Saturday: at Ottawa
That Thursday game against the Sabres explains the extra moves, as NHL teams aren’t allowed to play games on three consecutive nights. This isn’t even the first example of weather issues forcing the Hurricanes to reschedule a contest this season, as a different game against Buffalo was moved from Jan. 9 to Feb. 25.
The Flyers will play games on Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday as well thanks to this schedule change, so perhaps their alterations (aside from possible travel tweaks) might not be so significant. PHT will keep an eye on any announcements about complications for Philly, though.
In the meantime, feel free to make cheesy Hurricanes-related weather jokes, because the opening seems to be there.
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 4
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 5
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 59
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 58
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)