Jan 21, 2014, 6:22 PM EST
Tuesday’s postponed game against the Philadelphia Flyers caused a bit of a ripple effect for the Carolina Hurricanes’ week, as two contests were moved to two different dates. Instead of playing the Flyers today, they’ll face them on Wednesday; the team’s game against the Ottawa Senators will also be shuffled from Friday to Saturday.
Here’s a handy visual before-and-after guide to illustrate the change:
Before the postponements:
Today: at Philadelphia
Thursday: at Buffalo
Friday: at Ottawa
After the postponements:
Wednesday: at Philadelphia
Thursday: at Buffalo
Saturday: at Ottawa
That Thursday game against the Sabres explains the extra moves, as NHL teams aren’t allowed to play games on three consecutive nights. This isn’t even the first example of weather issues forcing the Hurricanes to reschedule a contest this season, as a different game against Buffalo was moved from Jan. 9 to Feb. 25.
The Flyers will play games on Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday as well thanks to this schedule change, so perhaps their alterations (aside from possible travel tweaks) might not be so significant. PHT will keep an eye on any announcements about complications for Philly, though.
In the meantime, feel free to make cheesy Hurricanes-related weather jokes, because the opening seems to be there.
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 0
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 7
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 19
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 44
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 38
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)