Jan 21, 2014, 7:14 PM EDT
The one-way deal is worth $750K in 2014-15 and $850K in 2015-16, according to TSN’s Bob McKenzie. Miller, 26, would have been a restricted free agent this summer had he not signed this extension.
The Bruins now have most of their defense locked up through at least 2014-15, although Torey Krug‘s RFA negotiations could provide some challenges.
Miller has played in 16 games with the Bruins this season, his first making it at the NHL level. He’s averaged 16:53 minutes per appearance in 2013-14.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 0
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 2
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 10
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 33
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)