Jan 21, 2014, 9:55 PM EDT
It seems like whenever the Blue Jackets score a goal in Columbus and their cannon goes off, a hockey reporter will vent about it on Twitter. They might just have to get used to it if the red-hot Blue Jackets keep this going.
Columbus set a new franchise record with its seventh consecutive win, and considering that the 5-3 victory came against the formidable Los Angeles Kings on Tuesday, this might be their best victory of the stretch.
“It’s nice that we’re on a roll, but we aren’t where we want to be,” Horton said. “We want to keep this good vibe going.”
Looking at their upcoming schedule, they have a great chance of maintaining their impressive momentum. Five of their next six contests come in Columbus, so this could be a great chance to pile up points.
If you want to find a simple answer for the turnaround, it seems like the team has turned things around as Sergei Bobrovsky and Horton have gotten healthy. James Wisniewski insists it’s about their strong work ethic, too.
“We’re a blue collar team but we also have depth, speed, size,” Wisniewski said. “Every game is the next biggest game for us.”
That attitude could serve them well. And, if they want to take it easier on beleaguered sports writers, maybe swap in a simple song about cannonballs instead of deafening blast every now and then? Just a thought.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 32
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 9
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (33)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)