Jan 21, 2014, 9:55 PM EDT
It seems like whenever the Blue Jackets score a goal in Columbus and their cannon goes off, a hockey reporter will vent about it on Twitter. They might just have to get used to it if the red-hot Blue Jackets keep this going.
Columbus set a new franchise record with its seventh consecutive win, and considering that the 5-3 victory came against the formidable Los Angeles Kings on Tuesday, this might be their best victory of the stretch.
“It’s nice that we’re on a roll, but we aren’t where we want to be,” Horton said. “We want to keep this good vibe going.”
Looking at their upcoming schedule, they have a great chance of maintaining their impressive momentum. Five of their next six contests come in Columbus, so this could be a great chance to pile up points.
If you want to find a simple answer for the turnaround, it seems like the team has turned things around as Sergei Bobrovsky and Horton have gotten healthy. James Wisniewski insists it’s about their strong work ethic, too.
“We’re a blue collar team but we also have depth, speed, size,” Wisniewski said. “Every game is the next biggest game for us.”
That attitude could serve them well. And, if they want to take it easier on beleaguered sports writers, maybe swap in a simple song about cannonballs instead of deafening blast every now and then? Just a thought.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)