Jan 21, 2014, 9:55 PM EDT
It seems like whenever the Blue Jackets score a goal in Columbus and their cannon goes off, a hockey reporter will vent about it on Twitter. They might just have to get used to it if the red-hot Blue Jackets keep this going.
Columbus set a new franchise record with its seventh consecutive win, and considering that the 5-3 victory came against the formidable Los Angeles Kings on Tuesday, this might be their best victory of the stretch.
“It’s nice that we’re on a roll, but we aren’t where we want to be,” Horton said. “We want to keep this good vibe going.”
Looking at their upcoming schedule, they have a great chance of maintaining their impressive momentum. Five of their next six contests come in Columbus, so this could be a great chance to pile up points.
If you want to find a simple answer for the turnaround, it seems like the team has turned things around as Sergei Bobrovsky and Horton have gotten healthy. James Wisniewski insists it’s about their strong work ethic, too.
“We’re a blue collar team but we also have depth, speed, size,” Wisniewski said. “Every game is the next biggest game for us.”
That attitude could serve them well. And, if they want to take it easier on beleaguered sports writers, maybe swap in a simple song about cannonballs instead of deafening blast every now and then? Just a thought.
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 17
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 17
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 77
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (77)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)