Jan 20, 2014, 12:37 PM EST
St. Louis, the first star, earned his honor on the strength of a four-goal effort on Saturday against San Jose. In doing so, St. Louis became the second player in Bolts franchise history (Chris Kontos was the other) to tally four times in a single game and matched his own franchise record by scoring three goals in one period. In addition to his scoring spree against the Sharks, St. Louis also tallied assists in games against Columbus, New York and Carolina.
Quick, named second star, returned from injury to post a 2-0-1 record with a .967 save percentage and .097 GAA, shutting out Vancouver while posting a 28-save win over St. Louis. With this honor, Quick becomes the third Kings goalie to capture a star of the week this season — current backup Martin Jones also scored one, as did Ben Scrivens, who was traded to Edmonton last week.
Third star Crawford went 2-0-1 with a 2.22 GAA and .916 save percentage last week, as the ‘Hawks remained atop the Central division and drew closer to Anaheim for top spot in the NHL. Crawford’s finest moment came during Sunday’s Stanley Cup Final rematch against Boston, as he stopped 34 shots in a 3-2 shootout win.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 7
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)