Jan 20, 2014, 12:37 PM EDT
St. Louis, the first star, earned his honor on the strength of a four-goal effort on Saturday against San Jose. In doing so, St. Louis became the second player in Bolts franchise history (Chris Kontos was the other) to tally four times in a single game and matched his own franchise record by scoring three goals in one period. In addition to his scoring spree against the Sharks, St. Louis also tallied assists in games against Columbus, New York and Carolina.
Quick, named second star, returned from injury to post a 2-0-1 record with a .967 save percentage and .097 GAA, shutting out Vancouver while posting a 28-save win over St. Louis. With this honor, Quick becomes the third Kings goalie to capture a star of the week this season — current backup Martin Jones also scored one, as did Ben Scrivens, who was traded to Edmonton last week.
Third star Crawford went 2-0-1 with a 2.22 GAA and .916 save percentage last week, as the ‘Hawks remained atop the Central division and drew closer to Anaheim for top spot in the NHL. Crawford’s finest moment came during Sunday’s Stanley Cup Final rematch against Boston, as he stopped 34 shots in a 3-2 shootout win.
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 2
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 17
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 25
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)