Jan 20, 2014, 12:37 PM EDT
St. Louis, the first star, earned his honor on the strength of a four-goal effort on Saturday against San Jose. In doing so, St. Louis became the second player in Bolts franchise history (Chris Kontos was the other) to tally four times in a single game and matched his own franchise record by scoring three goals in one period. In addition to his scoring spree against the Sharks, St. Louis also tallied assists in games against Columbus, New York and Carolina.
Quick, named second star, returned from injury to post a 2-0-1 record with a .967 save percentage and .097 GAA, shutting out Vancouver while posting a 28-save win over St. Louis. With this honor, Quick becomes the third Kings goalie to capture a star of the week this season — current backup Martin Jones also scored one, as did Ben Scrivens, who was traded to Edmonton last week.
Third star Crawford went 2-0-1 with a 2.22 GAA and .916 save percentage last week, as the ‘Hawks remained atop the Central division and drew closer to Anaheim for top spot in the NHL. Crawford’s finest moment came during Sunday’s Stanley Cup Final rematch against Boston, as he stopped 34 shots in a 3-2 shootout win.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 37
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)