Jan 20, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
From Hockey Night in Canada’s Elliotte Friedman:
Stajan is (was?) a pending unrestricted free agent with a cap hit of $3.5 million. The 30-year-old center originally came to Calgary from Toronto as part of the Dion Phaneuf trade.
Though Stajan struggled in his first two full seasons with the Flames, to the point that many were surprised when he wasn’t bought out, apparently management feels he’s worth keeping as the club rebuilds.
From the Calgary Sun’s Wes Gilbertson:
Stajan has seven goals and 10 assists in 41 games this season.
The terms are in, courtesy CBC’s Elliotte Friedman — four years, $12.5 million, average annual cap hit of $3.125 million.
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 0
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 2
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 7
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 9
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 34
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 16
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)