Jan 20, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
From Hockey Night in Canada’s Elliotte Friedman:
Stajan is (was?) a pending unrestricted free agent with a cap hit of $3.5 million. The 30-year-old center originally came to Calgary from Toronto as part of the Dion Phaneuf trade.
Though Stajan struggled in his first two full seasons with the Flames, to the point that many were surprised when he wasn’t bought out, apparently management feels he’s worth keeping as the club rebuilds.
From the Calgary Sun’s Wes Gilbertson:
Stajan has seven goals and 10 assists in 41 games this season.
The terms are in, courtesy CBC’s Elliotte Friedman — four years, $12.5 million, average annual cap hit of $3.125 million.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)