Jan 20, 2014, 8:42 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
For two years, Lightning rookie defenseman Mark Barberio has let his hair grow out and a few weeks ago said he’d only get it cut after he scored his first NHL goal. Yesterday, he scored two goals against Carolina and now has to set a date with a hair dresser. (The Tampa Tribune)
Editor’s Note: Pro Hockey Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $2,000 Fantasy Hockey league for Monday’s late NHL games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $400. Starts Monday at 7pm ET. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Ottawa coach Paul MacLean is hoping rest can help his team out. (Ottawa Sun)
Canucks coach John Tortorella will meet with the league today, but should Flames coach Bob Hartley escape punishment, too? (The Province)
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38