Jan 20, 2014, 8:42 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
For two years, Lightning rookie defenseman Mark Barberio has let his hair grow out and a few weeks ago said he’d only get it cut after he scored his first NHL goal. Yesterday, he scored two goals against Carolina and now has to set a date with a hair dresser. (The Tampa Tribune)
Editor’s Note: Pro Hockey Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $2,000 Fantasy Hockey league for Monday’s late NHL games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $400. Starts Monday at 7pm ET. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Ottawa coach Paul MacLean is hoping rest can help his team out. (Ottawa Sun)
Canucks coach John Tortorella will meet with the league today, but should Flames coach Bob Hartley escape punishment, too? (The Province)
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 35
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25