Jan 20, 2014, 12:20 PM EDT
Anyone need an enforcer?
Janssen has three goals and no assists in 24 games this season, with 22 penalty minutes. The 29-year-old is a pending unrestricted free agent with a cap hit of $550,000.
The Devils haven’t said what they intend to do with Janssen should he clear waivers. However, he’s already played a handful of games with AHL Albany this season, so a demotion would seem likely, thus paving the way for the return of Damien Brunner tomorrow when New Jersey hosts St. Louis.
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Eastern Conference Final Game 6 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 25
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)