Jan 20, 2014, 12:20 PM EST
Anyone need an enforcer?
Janssen has three goals and no assists in 24 games this season, with 22 penalty minutes. The 29-year-old is a pending unrestricted free agent with a cap hit of $550,000.
The Devils haven’t said what they intend to do with Janssen should he clear waivers. However, he’s already played a handful of games with AHL Albany this season, so a demotion would seem likely, thus paving the way for the return of Damien Brunner tomorrow when New Jersey hosts St. Louis.
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 4
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 4
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 4
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)