Jan 20, 2014, 12:20 PM EDT
Anyone need an enforcer?
Janssen has three goals and no assists in 24 games this season, with 22 penalty minutes. The 29-year-old is a pending unrestricted free agent with a cap hit of $550,000.
The Devils haven’t said what they intend to do with Janssen should he clear waivers. However, he’s already played a handful of games with AHL Albany this season, so a demotion would seem likely, thus paving the way for the return of Damien Brunner tomorrow when New Jersey hosts St. Louis.
- Peverley to undergo heart procedure, will miss rest of season 6
- Comeau gets two games for boarding Smith 8
- Three things the Canucks haven’t done well under Torts 16
- Gillis won’t say if Tortorella’s lost Canucks room 27
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 6
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 30
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 19
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 61
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (73)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (61)