Jan 20, 2014, 4:45 PM EST
Those are the two main takeaways from Monday afternoon’s game on Long Island (read CSN Philly’s report here).
The win improved the Isles’ record to 20-24-7, which isn’t half bad when you consider they started the season 11-21-7. However, a spot in the playoffs remains unlikely.
As for Voracek, the 24-year-old will apparently be re-evaluated tomorrow before the Flyers host Carolina in Philadelphia. He didn’t speak to reporters following today’s game.
The Flyers led 3-1 before the Isles fought back to tie it in the third. New York outshot Philly 17-3 in the final period.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 27
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 14
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 84
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 4
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (85)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)