Jan 20, 2014, 4:45 PM EDT
Those are the two main takeaways from Monday afternoon’s game on Long Island (read CSN Philly’s report here).
The win improved the Isles’ record to 20-24-7, which isn’t half bad when you consider they started the season 11-21-7. However, a spot in the playoffs remains unlikely.
As for Voracek, the 24-year-old will apparently be re-evaluated tomorrow before the Flyers host Carolina in Philadelphia. He didn’t speak to reporters following today’s game.
The Flyers led 3-1 before the Isles fought back to tie it in the third. New York outshot Philly 17-3 in the final period.
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 0
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 9
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 33
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)