Jan 20, 2014, 4:45 PM EDT
Those are the two main takeaways from Monday afternoon’s game on Long Island (read CSN Philly’s report here).
The win improved the Isles’ record to 20-24-7, which isn’t half bad when you consider they started the season 11-21-7. However, a spot in the playoffs remains unlikely.
As for Voracek, the 24-year-old will apparently be re-evaluated tomorrow before the Flyers host Carolina in Philadelphia. He didn’t speak to reporters following today’s game.
The Flyers led 3-1 before the Isles fought back to tie it in the third. New York outshot Philly 17-3 in the final period.
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 3
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 6
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 113
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 55
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 17