Jan 20, 2014, 4:45 PM EDT
Those are the two main takeaways from Monday afternoon’s game on Long Island (read CSN Philly’s report here).
The win improved the Isles’ record to 20-24-7, which isn’t half bad when you consider they started the season 11-21-7. However, a spot in the playoffs remains unlikely.
As for Voracek, the 24-year-old will apparently be re-evaluated tomorrow before the Flyers host Carolina in Philadelphia. He didn’t speak to reporters following today’s game.
The Flyers led 3-1 before the Isles fought back to tie it in the third. New York outshot Philly 17-3 in the final period.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 70
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5