Jan 20, 2014, 4:45 PM EDT
Those are the two main takeaways from Monday afternoon’s game on Long Island (read CSN Philly’s report here).
The win improved the Isles’ record to 20-24-7, which isn’t half bad when you consider they started the season 11-21-7. However, a spot in the playoffs remains unlikely.
As for Voracek, the 24-year-old will apparently be re-evaluated tomorrow before the Flyers host Carolina in Philadelphia. He didn’t speak to reporters following today’s game.
The Flyers led 3-1 before the Isles fought back to tie it in the third. New York outshot Philly 17-3 in the final period.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 29
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 112
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 80
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (112)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)