Jan 20, 2014, 2:21 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Clemmensen goes for Panthers
Florida will give under-the-weather netminder Tim Thomas the night off on Monday, turning the crease over to veteran backup Scott Clemmensen versus Pittsburgh.
Clemmensen, who hasn’t started a game since Dec. 29, is 5-4-1 this season with a 2.91 GAA and .894 save percentage. He has performed well in stints, however — including a solid stretch in late December — and did win his last game, stopping 21 of 22 shots in a 4-1 win over Montreal.
Clemmensen will take on Marc-Andre Fleury tonight.
Halak takes on Wings
St. Louis will face former division rival Detroit tonight, and will give Jaroslav Halak the chance to face a team he’s struggled against historically.
Halak is 3-4-1 all-time against the Wings, with a 3.76 GAA and .880 save percentage. Last year, the Blues often went with Brian Elliott (or Jake Allen) against Detroit, though Halak did face the Red Wings once (and did well, stopping 14 shots in a 6-0 win.)
Halak will go up against Jimmy Howard tonight.
Leafs at Coyotes: No confirmed starters from either team yet.
Flames at Sharks: Karri Ramo for Flames; no word yet on who San Jose will start.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 19
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 18
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 43
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 120
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 36
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 79
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7