Jan 20, 2014, 2:21 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Clemmensen goes for Panthers
Florida will give under-the-weather netminder Tim Thomas the night off on Monday, turning the crease over to veteran backup Scott Clemmensen versus Pittsburgh.
Clemmensen, who hasn’t started a game since Dec. 29, is 5-4-1 this season with a 2.91 GAA and .894 save percentage. He has performed well in stints, however — including a solid stretch in late December — and did win his last game, stopping 21 of 22 shots in a 4-1 win over Montreal.
Clemmensen will take on Marc-Andre Fleury tonight.
Halak takes on Wings
St. Louis will face former division rival Detroit tonight, and will give Jaroslav Halak the chance to face a team he’s struggled against historically.
Halak is 3-4-1 all-time against the Wings, with a 3.76 GAA and .880 save percentage. Last year, the Blues often went with Brian Elliott (or Jake Allen) against Detroit, though Halak did face the Red Wings once (and did well, stopping 14 shots in a 6-0 win.)
Halak will go up against Jimmy Howard tonight.
Leafs at Coyotes: No confirmed starters from either team yet.
Flames at Sharks: Karri Ramo for Flames; no word yet on who San Jose will start.
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 5
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 24
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 35
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24