Jan 20, 2014, 2:21 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Clemmensen goes for Panthers
Florida will give under-the-weather netminder Tim Thomas the night off on Monday, turning the crease over to veteran backup Scott Clemmensen versus Pittsburgh.
Clemmensen, who hasn’t started a game since Dec. 29, is 5-4-1 this season with a 2.91 GAA and .894 save percentage. He has performed well in stints, however — including a solid stretch in late December — and did win his last game, stopping 21 of 22 shots in a 4-1 win over Montreal.
Clemmensen will take on Marc-Andre Fleury tonight.
Halak takes on Wings
St. Louis will face former division rival Detroit tonight, and will give Jaroslav Halak the chance to face a team he’s struggled against historically.
Halak is 3-4-1 all-time against the Wings, with a 3.76 GAA and .880 save percentage. Last year, the Blues often went with Brian Elliott (or Jake Allen) against Detroit, though Halak did face the Red Wings once (and did well, stopping 14 shots in a 6-0 win.)
Halak will go up against Jimmy Howard tonight.
Leafs at Coyotes: No confirmed starters from either team yet.
Flames at Sharks: Karri Ramo for Flames; no word yet on who San Jose will start.
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession 17
- Video: Controversial Kane goal has Laviolette fuming 12
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 6
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 36
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 45
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38