Jan 20, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
He’ll be replaced on the active roster by defenseman Kris Russell, who was activated from IR today.
Cammalleri, 31, has missed the last four contests — including Saturday’s wild affair in Vancouver — and will miss a fifth tonight when the Flames take on the Sharks in San Jose. It’s unclear exactly how he got hurt, though he did take a big hit from Pittsburgh’s Tanner Glass during a 2-1 loss nine days ago.
Calgary can ill afford to lose Cammalleri’s goalscoring ability for any significant length of time, as the Flames have just nine goals in their last seven games.
Looking ahead, it’ll be interesting to see how significant Cammalleri’s concussion is, and how long he’ll be out for. The pending UFA is expected to be one of the biggest names in play at the deadline.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 29
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)