Jan 20, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
He’ll be replaced on the active roster by defenseman Kris Russell, who was activated from IR today.
Cammalleri, 31, has missed the last four contests — including Saturday’s wild affair in Vancouver — and will miss a fifth tonight when the Flames take on the Sharks in San Jose. It’s unclear exactly how he got hurt, though he did take a big hit from Pittsburgh’s Tanner Glass during a 2-1 loss nine days ago.
Calgary can ill afford to lose Cammalleri’s goalscoring ability for any significant length of time, as the Flames have just nine goals in their last seven games.
Looking ahead, it’ll be interesting to see how significant Cammalleri’s concussion is, and how long he’ll be out for. The pending UFA is expected to be one of the biggest names in play at the deadline.
- Andre’s gigantic game: Caps push Rangers to the brink 33
- Quick strike: Lightning steal Game 3 from Habs with last-second goal 17
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Canada fights back to beat Sweden at worlds 18
- NHL hockey ops explains no-goal call 46
- Jack Adams Award finalists to be announced tonight 4
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 10
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 15
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 53
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ (67)
- Lundqvist thinks Backstrom’s hit caused Rangers to lose focus before game-winning goal (63)