Jan 20, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
He’ll be replaced on the active roster by defenseman Kris Russell, who was activated from IR today.
Cammalleri, 31, has missed the last four contests — including Saturday’s wild affair in Vancouver — and will miss a fifth tonight when the Flames take on the Sharks in San Jose. It’s unclear exactly how he got hurt, though he did take a big hit from Pittsburgh’s Tanner Glass during a 2-1 loss nine days ago.
Calgary can ill afford to lose Cammalleri’s goalscoring ability for any significant length of time, as the Flames have just nine goals in their last seven games.
Looking ahead, it’ll be interesting to see how significant Cammalleri’s concussion is, and how long he’ll be out for. The pending UFA is expected to be one of the biggest names in play at the deadline.
- WATCH LIVE: Montreal Canadiens vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 1) 3
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 77
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 32
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 55
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (77)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (55)