Jan 20, 2014, 8:30 PM EST
He’ll be replaced on the active roster by defenseman Kris Russell, who was activated from IR today.
Cammalleri, 31, has missed the last four contests — including Saturday’s wild affair in Vancouver — and will miss a fifth tonight when the Flames take on the Sharks in San Jose. It’s unclear exactly how he got hurt, though he did take a big hit from Pittsburgh’s Tanner Glass during a 2-1 loss nine days ago.
Calgary can ill afford to lose Cammalleri’s goalscoring ability for any significant length of time, as the Flames have just nine goals in their last seven games.
Looking ahead, it’ll be interesting to see how significant Cammalleri’s concussion is, and how long he’ll be out for. The pending UFA is expected to be one of the biggest names in play at the deadline.
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 2
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 24
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16